Saturday, August 15, 2020

OLD MOO NEWS

 💙💚💜

THIS INFORMATION IS GIVEN WITH MY MUM'S PERMISSION AND ENCOURAGEMENT:

Well... after a couple of weeks of tests and scans and biopsy's we have the results of all of the above.

UNFORTUNATELY Mum has cancer in her lungs, liver and pelvis.

She will be embarking on a treatment plan very soon, and she is determined to fight this, and do her very best to live her life in a positive frame of mind.

She is thankful that she does have options, and lots of support around her to get her through this.

Her attitude astounds me!  She's such a tough old chook, brave and wonderful.  She's made of the strong stuff is my Mum.

So, NO DOOM AND GLOOM... we are looking forward to her being with us for a long time yet.

Love you MUM. Old Moo. Ma. 

You know you are distracted when you pour Diet Coke on your cornflakes!

Yep.

ABOVE: What a waste of Diet Coke!  ... and cornflakes. 

😂😆😅 

I had such a good day yesterday.  I got 14 masks made, and sewed the elastic in them all last night.

Today I will work on some more and hopefully break the back on my orders.

I've cut out a few more than have been ordered, so will have them in my shop next week sometime.

I will be heading down to Spotlight first thing this morning to try and get my hands on more elastic, I'm rapidly running out.

This is half the reason I'm not taking any more orders.  It's near impossible to get elastic now.  I don't really want to revert to t-shirt material if I can help it.

Stew is getting up to do 'work'.  He virtually never has to work on a Weekend, but today he has a Zoom meeting, as his company has to work out how to go forward during the latest Covid-19 restrictions.

We are very lucky that we are STILL only at Level 2.  Auckland is at Level 3 for another 12 days.  Hopefully these restrictions get on top of the latest cluster/outbreak.

ONWARD...

Making masks.  Can find NO ELASTIC anywhere, so am having to resort to t-shirt fabric and a little elastic in the middle to give it a bit more stretch!

It's the best I can do.  Luckily only the last 12 masks will need to be done this way.

So far today though, I've really not got much done. Fielding phone calls and texts/messages literally all morning, which was to be expected I suppose.

OLD MOO:  You are the subject of the day!  I hope you are enjoying all the lovely food they are giving you in hospital.  😋😉  


7.20 pm: Sorry I've been fairly quiet today.  Just busy.

I took a break at lunchtime and Stew and I went out for a leisurely lunch.

ABOVE:  We went down to Hamilton Gardens Cafe, and got a gorgeous outside table, overlooking Turtle Lake.


ABOVE:  We both had a chicken burger.  They were HUGE!  We did what we always do, and didn't eat the bun.


ABOVE:  The bullrushes were flowering, sending their seeds out into the world.  Such funky seed heads.

Because I didn't sleep too well last night, I had a nana nap this afternoon.  Only about an hour, but it did help clear the head a bit.

We just had dinner... pretty much a get it yourself from the fridge type affair.

Now... I'm going to continue stitching elastic onto masks. 

Then early to bed tonight I hope.

39 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:12 AM

    Ohhh dear your mind is elsewhere putting coke on your cornies 😉 great effort on the mask making Chris 👏 👌. My thoughts are with THE OLD MOO she's definitely got spunk and so do you! Like mother like daughter ❤ Keep your chin up George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this news about your Mum, she has a wonderful attitude and with all the love and care from you and all the family and her friends on your blog, she knows how much she is cared for. We had a friend who lived for many years after his diagnoses of cancer, his determination and attitude made him go on and I know that’s how the old moo will be. Bless you old moo. Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing your mum all the best with her treatment. She sounds like she has the best attitude to fight this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude Chris' Mum!!! With recent experience of a few people with similar cancer I can tell you that they really can do great things these days. There is so much more known now and you are in good hands. I hope you are feeling much better very soon.

    Elastic - yes, that is the big problem now with making masks. I still have lots of thicker elastic but have preferred using the very thin type. Good luck with finding some today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:27 AM

    You can beat the OLD MOO, we are all behind you wishing you the best

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:41 AM

    The power of positivity is a really powerful thing, we have experienced it in our family in a very similar situation. So never give up and never give in. You certainly have a wonderfully supportive family OlD Moo! X
    Chris, I’ve been making masks.... haven’t we all... and I’ve switched to t shirt yarn - in fact I’ve been replacing the elastic in our old masks with the yarn, it’s much more comfortable to wear. I’ve been using this - https://www.sullivans.net/products/details/89925/knitting-yarn-t-shirt-100gm-multi-black handy too with the black and white for different coloured masks 😊. Ally S Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Chris - I am terribly sorry to read the news on your mother and I send love and peace to all of you.

    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear of the diagnosis - praying for full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending positive thoughts to your Mum.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Old Moo - You have got this! Stay Strong and Positive.

    Haha - corn flakes and Diet Coke! Did you at least taste it???????????????

    I suspect having masks in the shop might draw people in to buy other items! What is the name for that? Impulse Buy Items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my point the other day when I suggested Chris make masks... if masks are advertised then people will come in and buy other stuff! I get that you are over making masks though Chris :)

      Delete
  11. Oh...I'm so sorry your mum and all of you are having to deal with this...but so glad to hear her attitude is so good! That is about everything! Prayers, and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of your Mum and sending lots of positive vibes and aroha her way. As for your diet coke incident this morning, that gave me a good giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending lots of love and positive thought to your mom and family from Canada.
    I made some masks for my GD. She has long hair like yours and always wears it up in a bun. She puts the mask elastic over the bun and she said it's really comfortable and the mask is snug on her face. We had a hard time getting narrow elastic here as well. When I couldn't get any more narrow stuff I used 1/2" that I cut down the middle and it worked really well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hugs for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking of you and your family. You got this Old Moo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending much love to you Old Moo xx
    Chris if we don’t say it enough we love you 💖
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:52 PM

    You got this Momma Moo! Hope you're feeling better soon. Sending healing wishes from California. XOX
    ~Nicole in CA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Positive thoughts and hugs are on the way. Your Mum certainly has the right attitude to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous1:20 PM

    We got you Granny 💙 your a blinken trouper, built like a brick sh*t house xx 💕💕💕
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now with a diagnosis you can mooooooove forward. We've got your back OLD MOO!!!!

    Chris have you tried elastic hair ties?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous2:06 PM

    Hi take care "young" Old Moo.thinking of you.....

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  22. Send love and huggles to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful attitude your mum has! Definitely got to have the glass half full approach towards these challenges we face. And thinking of you Chris as we all know you will be worrying. Love, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous3:38 PM

    hello! Long time reader, but too shy to comment! We will be saying a prayer for your mom, and for the entire family! I SO enjoy your family!
    I live in Miami Florida, and over here we have resorted to using elastic hair bands(ponytail holders), or the elastic headbands as we cannot find regular sewing elastic here for masks either.
    Thank you for sharing your life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so sorry to read your dear Mum is unwell, my thoughts are with you during this time. It’s so wonderful she has a positive mindset and will be starting treatment soon.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sorry to hear your news. Your mum sounds like she has a fantastic attitude so hopefully her life can be comfortable. Sending love and strength to you both. Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Chris - don't know if you have Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist or some other selling/buying platform, but if you do, could you place a wanted ad for elastic, because I'll bet there are a lot of people who have some lying around in their sewing baskets.
    So sorry about your Mum, I am wishing her all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Take care Old Moo, here’s to you feeling better xxx
    Chris I’ve seen hair elastic used on masks. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Many thanks everyone for all the good wishes.In my opinion there is no other alternative.being positive the main reason.trying all the options for treatment,and not accepting failure, there's always another way.so we press on.THE OLD MOO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With love and good vibes the Mitchell Family.

      Delete
  30. Thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love and positive thoughts to you all. Old Moo you are an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great attitude Old Moo. We are all behind you, cheering you along. Kia Kaha.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Jamie UK10:44 PM

    I'm no medical expert but from family experiences with the shitty 'c' word having a good positive mental attitude towards fighting this goes a LONG LONG way to recovery. 'Old Moo' seems to have this in spades. Love reading your blog Chris, big love to Old Moo and all of you x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Best wishes "old Moo" you are from the tough era... stay strong and know you are loved far and wide!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. All the best to the Old Moo. Keep strong!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So sorry to hear about your mom :(
    Elastic was scarce here too. I buy it by the roll now from my brother's work.
    Those chicken sandwiches look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.