Tuesday, September 13, 2016

OFF TO HAMILTON

I'm off to Hamilton today.
Patchwork group at Donna's Quilt Studio.

On my way there, I will pop into Spotlight to get some batting, as I want to start constructing blocks and joining them together.  

I'm doing the new Dresden Plate quilt using 'Quilt As You Go', so I need the batting.

While at Spotlight I will be getting the letters for our home's Name Plate.

I will start 'work' on that tomorrow.  *smiles*

Anyone got a new guess on our home's name?  Remember, the name starts with an 'H and a V'.  So H..... V....  Does THAT help?  lol

I will put you out of your misery tomorrow if no one guesses correctly today.

Right, I better go and pack my sewing machine and what nots up and get them in me car, ready to leave in a couple of hours.

ONWARD...

FINALLY!... someone has guessed ONE  of the words!  PINKY:  Vista is correct!  But Harvey is not.

Class today was neat.  I just love this Tuesday class so much.  It makes it even better that it's held in the shop, so I can BUY shit while I'm there!

Gotta love that.  I got the batting I needed, and some new multi-coloured threads too.


ABOVE:  Massive clue now!

Come on, someone has to get it right!

Oh and IF you think you have worked it out, try and explain how I came up with the name.  *smiles*

That made it too easy!
BLONDIE (Sharon) got it....
Our home's name is .......


'HIDDEN VISTA'

Now ... how did I come to choose that name eh?

And Lynda guessed that part...

It's because when you drive in, the house looks rather small and ordinary... but when you walk in and see the view out the back most people say 'WOW'!  And because the house is way, way bigger than it appears from the front too.  Hence, Hidden Vista!


I love the name, it's a bit twee, but still nice.


9.09 pm:  Well it's been a nice day, and I'm sure tomorrow will be too.  Trying to decide if I will go to a movie on my own tomorrow, or drag Lacy along, or wait and go with Stew?  Hmmm.

18 comments:

  1. I live in Hamilton so every time I see that, I jump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee... I should say it often then! I quite like the idea of making you jump!

      Delete
  2. Harvey Village
    Harvey Villa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Half of it is right! Vista is bang on. Harvey is not.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Hidden Vista..... It's me Blondie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BANG ON! But now... HOW did I come up with that name?

      Delete
  5. I'm with Blondie... was just about to say the same thing. Hidden Vista because of all the fog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not because of fog. *smiles*

      Delete
  6. OK.. then - because your backyard is hidden around the back? Because there's a house blocking your view of the cows in the field?

    There, I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda right Lynda. It's because when you drive in, the house looks rather small and ordinary... but when you walk in and see the view out the back most people say 'WOW'! And because the house is way, way bigger than it appears from the front too. Hence, Hidden Vista!

      Delete
    2. Ah then ... it should be called "The Tardis" (Dr Who).

      Delete
  7. Very clever name :-). We all had fun trying to guess - still reckon BOB was pretty good haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the name! Happy to see you're settling in. I'm sure spring will be lovely there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:23 PM

    HAHA what did I win ohhhhh I can come for coffee next THURS 22nd how does that sound around 9.30am!!! It's me Blondie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.