Sunday, June 29, 2014

MY FIRST PRAIRIE POINTS!

Before I start to blather on about me Prairie Points:  Stew's job.  It's 'status quo' for the time being it would appear.  No offer on the table yet.  He thinks it's going to be another couple of weeks before he knows what job is on offer.  *sigh*  Let's just draw this out a bit more eh?

Well... I told you last night I'd show you my first effort doing Prairie Points, so here they are:


ABOVE:  See!   They are so darn cute!  I am only putting them around the centre part of the quilt... I think.   McDreamy has a laser pointer, and I used that for the first time last night too.  My quilting lines are evenly spaced now.
   
I had to add some 'pretty' stitching under the 'N' and 'Z' thanks to some ugly puckering under the 'N'.  I think it still looks ok.

I'm tempted to put it under the 'KIWI' now too.  We will see.  Heaps still to do on this quilt, but I'm really enjoying it.

A few of you lovely girls have commented on how 'talented' I am!  I'm not really, I get lots of ideas from looking at other's creations on Pinterest and Google Images.  Some things I do dream up, but I think if you gave it a go you would be just as good at it!  My sewing is full of nasty little accidents that you hardly ever get to see.  I am far from a perfect sewer!

Teddy was highly amusing last night. He came down to the garage to have a sniff around.  And he found a small bag of Coco's hair in a wire basket under my sewing desk, (saved from the Groomer).  He sniffed it, walked all around sniffing it some more, then he sat down on the rug and stared at it for about an hour!


ABOVE:  He was all bunched up and tense... I'm sure he thought there was another dog under my sewing table!
Then... the sly little bugger tugged it out of the basket and tried to take off with it!  I caught him in time and took it off him.  He would have probably chewed it up and made himself sick.  On my carpet.  NOT. GUNNA. HAPPEN.   ha ha ha.

So... I'm sewing again today, unless Stew comes up with something else for us to do.
I hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend?

ONWARD...

Very quickly.... been sewing, now going out and about for a Sunday Drive.... here's a quick little video of the boys playing this morning:


ABOVE:  This is exactly what Steve and Mike used to do with Griffin when he was a baby!  Dante loves it too.

Catch ya later...

Well... it's later.

We all piled into my car and went for a drive down at the waterfront.  Mission Bay to be exact.  We love walking along the beach there.
We all had a Movenpick icecream, then a wander.








ABOVE:  I got some cool photos!
I have a few more which I will post tomorrow.

Right now, it's back to me sewing before dinner.

LAST EPISODE OF BROADCHURCH !!!!  In 8 minutes.... Looking forward to this all week!  Who killed Danny???

WELL!  I didn't guess the killer.  And I'm not going to mention it here in case someone hasn't seen the ending yet (Judith I'm thinking of you).

End of Day:  I've had a really lovely day!  Sewing.  Out and about, walking on the beach, spending some lovely family time together.
nite nite

8 comments:

  1. ohhhh nice triangles what a clever machine your new McDreamy is have rung to ask have the sour lemon machine got on? I am just resting and snoozing am over the headaches sniffs and coughs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool video. Sooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the video I wondered who would get tired first lol. Cool pics of your afternoon at mission bay too. �� happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. Glad you got out and about. Makes for a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:09 PM

    night mum love you. we should have stopped in... rena wanted to play with the kids.
    from kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't guess that one either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha so cute! I remember when my brothers were little and my dad would wrestle with them on the floor every night. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute video... I love how Stew just sits watching telly with all the madness going on around him!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.