Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I CHOPPED IT UP!

ABOVE:  remember this quilt?  It's the first one I ever made... about 2.5 years ago in fact.... I got the block patterns off the 'net and made it for Griffin's bed, but it was HUGE.  Well last night I took the binding off and then chopped it in half!

And today I'm going to buy more red fabric and put new borders around the two,  now smaller sections and I'll end up with two matching quilts for the single beds in Griffin's room.  Clever eh?  And it means I don't have to make two 'new' ones!   neat.

Chris D and I are going to be out and about this morning... we need to go buy some presents for Griffin's birthday, which is on Thursday!  Shit I'm leaving it late....

ONWARD...

SCORES GALORE TODAY!    We visited Payless PLastics again.. and I got these:




ABOVE:  this awesome bucket type thingee to hold my buttons, and two single valances for Griffin's room... all HALF PRICE.  Woo hooo.

We also got the red fabric to make the one quilt into two... had lunch at Sylvia Park ... got Griffin's Birthday presents... and now are chilling at home.

Spent the afternoon yakking and reading blogs, then made a really lovely Beef/Bacon/Tomatoe stew for dinner.  It was super yum!

End of Day:  hope to do a wee bit of sewing this evening, if not I will just blob in the lounge and watch Coronation Street! lol   nite nite.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:22 AM

    Aren't you the handy mom!! Great idea! It's so pretty with all the bold bright colors! It'll look great in there!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. good lord has it really been that LONG ago???? I loved that quilt when you first made it now i can love it TWICE as much LOL I SLAY ME WITH MY HUMOR !!!!
    love n hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recycling, wow! Great idea!

    Happy almost Birthday, Griffin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are indeed a clever one. Have fun on your shopping spree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Can't wait to see the finished product(s)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely not 2.5 years holy batman where did that go? cool idea though to make 2 outta 1!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can say the quilts are multiplying, like a cell. Maybe the two singles will grow into doubles, then queen sized...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:21 AM

    I'm looking forward to seeing Griff's room when you are done! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just caught up on your recent posts. You always amaze me with how busy you are and how much fun you have with visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea to make the quilt into two smaller ones! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.