Monday, January 17, 2022

WORKING

 This week and next, I am going to work my butt off, getting a few more runners made for the first market of the year.

ABOVE:  I have about 5 Cat Runners partly made, and I really want to do a few dog ones too.

ABOVE:  These dog panels were made up into Cushions in the shop I bought them from.  I'm going to make them into runners.  Just not 100% sure how to brighten them up yet.  Cos, they are NOT bright enough as is.

OR... should I leave them dull and boring?

I've been invited to an FBG Coffee Date this afternoon, over in Cambridge.  That will be lovely.  A nice break from the house I'm sure.

10.50 am: And I have finished two runners:

ABOVE:  It will be interesting to see how these cat runners go at a market.  I've never had them at one before.

I hope they appeal to people with a sense of humor like me.

Of course, as I am sewing them, all I can think about is the new dog runners waiting to be made.

I love doing new things.  BUT NO, I have three more cat runners to finish first.

4.15 pm:  Just home after spending a lovely couple of hours with 3 other FBG friends.  I also completed a 'mission' while in Cambridge, can't say what, it was SECRET.  lol.

Now I have to pop down to the supermarket for some mince for dinner.  I've got Amanda and 3 of her kids for dinner tonight.

I'm making her favourite, Spaghetti Bolognese.

9.53 pm:  Well dinner was a success.  Young Liam loved it... which is so neat.  He's been a damn picky eater (here) for years!  Now? He's loving my dinners.


ABOVE:  Big boy Joel, little annoying boy Liam, and the creepy looking sister, Emily.  Cute photo.

Gosh it's another hot and sticky evening, got the fans on trying to keep cool.

Time to sign off for the day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Leave them dull and boring. It will be a good "market test". You could make a different sort of dog runner like the cats if you want bright dogs. The dog panels are nice as they are, and some "neutrals" will add variety to your booth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe brighten one dog runner, and leave one rich but not bright, and show us the two to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the coIours in them,l don't think they're dull, certainly not boring! Maybe pick one of the gingham shades that's in the block and use that as a border?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:29 PM

    I don't find the dog panels dull or boring at all. If you put loops on the top and ran a rod through it, Would they make good wall hangings? Love your pool! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be able to sew loops into the binding, in the back, pointing down, so they are hidden as mat and useable to hang when pulled up. Maybe try one.

      Delete
  5. Leeann1:08 PM

    I would match the pink or the blue in the dog panel for a small border half an inch to an inch, then add a larger border in a brown print that matches the panel. Don't try and add brighter colours to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Vickie - that is a good idea and so much nicer than loops. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like young Liam is taking after his Mum, loves Spag Bol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those dog panels are SO CUTE! Can't wait to see what you do with them

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.