Wednesday, January 26, 2022

FIGHT!

 Well!

I put our possum skin on the front door stool.

The dogs had shown very little interest in it, so I thought it would be fine there.

WRONG.

Around dinner time last night I heard the dogs have a massive fight in the garage.

Then silence.

Stew arrived home just after that and he came into the family room carrying the possum skin.

Seems the dogs were fighting over it!


So now, I don't know what to do with the bloody thing!

Any ideas?

Today Lacy is coming to stay for a little while.

So, nice to have some company I suppose.

And someone to do the vacuming!  Yeah.

Today I'm going to 'advertise' our goldfish on Facebook.  FREE to a new home.  Hopefully I get someone who wants them.

I don't think flushing them down the toilet is quite right eh?

And putting them in a stream or lake isn't right either I think. 

So... best find a new home for them.

With that in mind, I might start trying to catch them.  I can put them in the dogs paddle pool till they get a new home.


9.30 am:  Well the fish will stay in the pond until they have new homes.  Good idea Christine (Dogstars).

Stew got a phone call this morning from... THE ASPHALT COMPANY GUY!!!!!!!

After some chit chat, and bullshit about him making sure 'you guys get a win over me'... he is meeting with Stew, here, next Wednesday.
PROGRESS finally?

He still maintains all the issues with the driveway are NORMAL!  WTF planet is he on?  But then, he's not seen just how bad it is now, so it will be interesting to see how he justifies it next Wednesday.

I'm going to make sure there's PLENTY of witnesses to that conversation!

I got on the scales this morning.  I've gained another 3 kilos.  That takes me back to where I was about 2 years ago.
I know I said I am never going on a diet again... but perhaps I need to do SOMETHING to halt the gains!  
I don't feel well.  My fitness is 1000% gone.  I'm a little bit miserable about myself and my utter lack of control right now.
I don't HATE myself, but I am simply not happy.

So.  What to do? 

- CUT PORTIONS.
- Make healthier choices.
- Get some more exercise.

OK... moving on.  I am going to make a start on the back 'yard' area.  A few changes about to take place there.  Nothing major.  Just changes.

10.25 am:  And Lacy arrived.
So I got her to help me fish some goldfish out of the pond....

ABOVE:  I'm going to TRY to keep a couple alive in the 'Goldfish Bowl'.  
I killed the plants that I put in there, so I'm picking the fish won't last long either.

Lucky I managed to raise 8 kids without killing them!

ABOVE:  First up, we must do a dump run this weekend!  The backyard dump pile is huge.
After taking this lot away, we should actually have nothing left to take to the dump!
Yaaa to that.

ABOVE:  Now.  The grapevine, the 'trellis' around it and well, everything there is GOING.
We are turning it into an extension of the grassed backyard.
All the stones will be washed and put in the front door rockery.
No more weeding back here.

I have sprayed all vegetation there with Roundup, so hopefully by the weekend it will be ready to rip out.

Then we can prepare it for grass.

Well... Lacy's stay was LIKE SUPER SHORT!  Only a few hours!!!!
She's found somewhere to stay already.
Excellent.


Our son Steve is having some real issues with his health right now.  I hope he is going to be OK.
He's in hospital on Friday for a few procedures.  
Such a worry.

Bex and the boys visited me twice today.
Second time they arrived with Steve in tow.
Steve and the boys had a swim.
Bex and I opted to sit and yak.

Then my friend Sue B arrived, yakked for a good hour with her, then she left with three goldfish.

I think there's about 5-6 left in the pond.

Dinner tonight was chicken and salads for Stew and I.  That was rather yum.

Now... I'm gunna have a shower, wash me hair and chill out for the remainder of the evening.

Catch ya tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. Why not leave them in the pond? I am actually quite impressed with your goldfish maintenance skills. But, I would leave them in the pond until new owner picks them up.
    My husband has a Black Bear Skin that he is tanning in our studio. Our dog likes to go over and nibble the edges of it. He thinks I don't know about this nibbling- but I think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled "Glow Worm New Zealand" and all of these beautiful photos of caves with tons of bright turquoise glowing spots showed up! Is that what you saw? It looks magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning chick have you thought about that Noom outfit that's advertised on the TV?? Hahaha you're life won't be boring with Lacy around 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the weight gain. I was super motivated to get to 153 by my 53rd birthday. I was about 1 pound away from it when I broke my arm. Exercise came to a screeching halt. Healthy food did too. So much easier to get take out or heat up a premade meal concoction. Now the birthday has come and gone with me too afraid to get on a scale! I HAVE too though. I can't let this arm do me any more damage than it already has. I can't work (ceramic artist). I can't even eat with a fork properly. I eat like a toddler (fork in fist) or use my left hand. Or better yet - finger foods! Yea, french fries, burgers, chicken strips. All the healthy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much longer until your arm is out of the cast and you can use it again? Can't be much longer surely?

      Delete
    2. It is out of the cast, but my hand is f()cked. My wrist has no movement. I can't eat with a fork. I can barely grip a can of diet coke. I start physical therapy tomorrow. My wrist doesn't move up/down, or left/right, or palm up/down.

      Delete
    3. Well bugger! I hope the physical therapy helps chick.

      Delete
  5. Goldfish bowl with fis in looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you should have bought two possum skins so the dogs can have one each :-).

    My weight has gone up too - not happy about it but also - my own bloody fault. Am back at the gym which helps with the fitness and state of mind :-), weirdly I tend to eat better when I exercise regularly. Have also cut down on food & portion sizes. Also cut down on the wine & evening chocolates so hoping that will make a bit of difference :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you just donate the goldfish to a pet shop? They will die of shock for sure in that bowl. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is it with dogs and fur? At my mums house she has 2 of those IKEA sheep skins. Even if we pick them up off the floor and put them on a seat, they go straight for them and pee on them! They dont do that on anything else but those 2 sheep skins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:34 PM

    I'm sorry Steve is ill again and send quick healing wishes to him and hugs to his mum!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've started the Fast 800 keto diet. Lost 700g the first day. If I could do that everyday, I'd stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best to Steve. Hurry up and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Sorry to read that things aren't going your way right now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.