Friday, January 21, 2022

WHERE TO GO?

 Stew has taken Monday off.  So I was thinking... we should go away for a long weekend.

But where?

Well... Stew suggested New Plymouth.




I've only ever been there once from memory, so ... that's where we are going.

I've already booked our accommodation, so we shall be going on Saturday, coming back Monday.

The house, dogs and so on will be looked after by Steve, Bex and the boys.  I'm sure they won't mind hanging out by the pool, and playing with Coco and Marley.  πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

Today I shall get back into the sewing room and make a few more of these:

ABOVE:  It's not a very long one, but rather cute.

I've got 4 more of them to make.

So, that's me for now.  Come back later, I might have more to yak about by then.

Or not.


8.44 am:  Thanks for the New Plymouth suggestions Tracy.

It's going to be a stinking hot day again.  Not a single cloud in the sky.  For sure I am going to be hanging out in the pool come 1 pm.

But for now, every single window and door is open in the house, the washing is on, dinner is defrosting on the bench (sausages) and I'm now in me sewing room.
MUSIC ON ... then sew.




9.35 am:  Bloody hell... anyone reading this in Hamilton would think I was crazy!

In the space of 50 minutes the sky has clouded over and we have a lovely fresh wind going on!
Not a cloud in the sky just under an hour ago and now I reckon it might rain!

YES!


WTF?   Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed obviously.
BUT hey YOU... that does not give you the right to speak to me like I'm a piece of shit!
Bear than in mind next time you need a hand from me/us.
I will NOT let you speak to me like that, UNDERSTAND?

11.57 am:  And I have just sent yet another email to the Asphalt Company!
I  reiterated that we had sent several emails, all of them going unanswered.  And I asked them to please get back to us.
If they don't, I do believe we will take the next step.
Sick Steve on them!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜†  Or threaten them with Fair Go.  Or get a lawyer involved. 




WOW!   I got an instant reply from them.  

Seems he has had surgery recently and is still recovering.  

And...  I will get a response from them next week pertaining to the driveway! 

So, being the NICE person I am (mostly), I wished him a speedy recovery, and said we looked forward to hearing from him next week. 

Progress!

ABOVE:   More progress.   And that is all the butterfly fabric I have of that sort.  So, only 5 of them.  Gosh they are just so lovely.
If they don't sell at a market I will be very surprised!

It's now 1 pm, time to stop and have some lunch, and a break from sewing.

4.30 pm:  well Bex and the boys came over for a visit.  Then I got in the pool and had a lovely swim.  Steve came over after work and he had a swim with the boys too.
The water was a bit cooler today,  just so refreshing.
They have now gone home, and I'm inside cooling down from lying in the sun.
Got a bit of a headache again, so will take a Nurofen and pray it works.

10.37 pm:  Well the headache went.  Stew cooked dinner while I watered the gardens and pots, filled up the pool and chlorinated it.
So, everything is done in readiness for us to go away.
Steve and Bex will take over looking after our home and the dogs from tomorrow morning.
It's so damn handy having family so close!
AND who are only too happy to help us out by housesitting.

Right, we are off to bed early tonight.  We hope to get away by 8 am tomorrow morning.  

14 comments:

  1. The butterflies are cheerful. I thought that rustic brown edge was part of the runner. On second look, I think it is sitting on carpet. But - the rustic brown actually looks great with the colorful fabric. Have fun on your journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:54 AM

    That's beautiful Chris. I might borrow that idea and make one tor mum. She is in hospital to try and get blood sugar levels down. Have been up to 30 mostly in high 20s. Uti that won't go away too. Bit worried about her. Enjoy your weekend. I can't drive very far. Still dizzy. Been told it's for life no cure. Dizzy Blonde for life..kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterflies.
    Oh no! market cancelled you must be really disappointed after all the work you have done to get ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now - a quick glance at the word ONWARD - made me think THAT was a table runner. You could make an ONWARD table runner out of darling fabrics and use it on the blog! Then , you can start making other words or names or phrases. Hmmm.... I have too much time on my hands. Broken arm means no worry stone making anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So & I went to New Plymouth in 2020. My top recommendations are a walk through Purekura park, State Pasta, the walkway along the water front including the Te Rewa Rewa bridge and Social Kitchen for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed you can get something done about the driveway 🀞🀞 can I guess who is grumpy πŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  8. The butterfly runners are gorgeous.
    Do be careful with driveway company they maybe stretching out the 90 day clause?
    I do believe a dip in the pool for everyone is the ticket today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The driveway has a 12 month warranty, which covers everything that is wrong with it already. We will hopefully have it sorted by then! Or be in court.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous4:38 PM

    Oh I'd hang those butterflies on the wall😍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:16 PM

    Oh my God I love the butterfly runner's

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your mini holiday. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.