Wednesday, January 05, 2022

BEACH OR HOME?

 Today we were thinking of taking a drive over to the Mount.

But seriously?

It's too hot to be travelling.  And the beach won't actually be any better than our pool.

So... we shall stay home and enjoy our pool and home comforts.

It means this blog will be kinda repetitive for a while!  We are not doing a damn thing!

Swimming.  Relaxing.  Eating shit.  Drinking heaps of Diet Coke.

Making sure we don't get dehydrated... and it's working!

I am LOVING having ice in my diet coke!  Heaps of it.  The new ice maker is getting a thrashing.

Sooooo... guess what?  I'm actually 'drinking' some water!  

Last summer I kept getting horrible cramps... legs, feet, toes and weirdly, my forearms and hands!

This summer so far, NO CRAMPS.  I'm putting that down to the ice.  And making sure I drink 2-3 litres of fluid a day.


The only drawback?  Ya have to get up 2-3 times during the night for a piddle!  Seriously annoying.

But I think I prefer getting up to piddle over having cramps.

ABOVE: The driveway... is getting more damaged by the day.  Car tyres are leaving marks and indentations all over the place.

And there's heaps of loose stones too.

We have not heard from the Asphalt company since our last email to them on the 24th of December.

Our plan now is to wait until the 10th of January, and then send them another email, asking what is going on?

They should be back working after the Christmas/New Year holidays by then.

I'm trying to not let it worry or stress me out.  Just going with the flow, and waiting to see what happens next.

Right, better go.  I've got two big loads of towels to hang out.



ABOVE:  DONE.  
My first book read on the new Kindle.  It was a very good read.  I had a little tear right at the very end.  
On to the next one...

Stew went out for a haircut.  He had to wait an hour.  Now he's home with lunch. A kebab.
Nice one.
After lunch has gone down a swim will be in order.

It's SO QUIET here now!  Just Stew and I.  I fully expect the kids over for a swim soon though.

4.30 pm:   I've been in and out of the pool for the past 3 hours!   It's just too hot to do anything else.
Though, it does seem to be a bit cooler today, with light clouds masking the sun here and there.

Brylee has been around to sort out some employment stuff with her Dad.

Steve and Bex have been around to have a swim, we expect them back after dinner for the same again.

I had to throw out my togs!  Yesterday the girls kept jumping out of them (the boobies), and scaring the family!
They were about 4 years old and just didn't have enough elasticity left in them to do the job.
Luckily, I had a new pair lined up waiting to be used.

They got christened today.   I bought them while I was in Australia in 2020. 


 
ABOVE: I am biting the bullet and hopefully getting my nails done tomorrow morning.  I did use a strengthening polish on them for a while, but that simply did not work.
So, I'm gunna get them covered with acrylics.  
I actually can't wait to have pretty nails again.

Dinner tonight is probably left overs, cos we have plenty of them in the fridge.

Don't judge me.  We had fish 'n' chips.

Then we sat and watched TV.

The kids came around for a post dinner swim.  
I bet those boys sleep well every night!

Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. This driveway project is quite the conundrum. I bet they just want you to "disappear". They might "give" you the driveway for free. Cut their losses. If they have to tear EVERYTHING out and do it again - I would try to hide too! Whatever you do - it seems a second opinion is in order here. I would be worried about that broken pipe too. Did that excess water find a way out or is there a big sink hole developing right now and one day your car will land in it. Ok ok,,, I know nothing about driveways or sink holes. I will stop creating drama!
    Enjoy your pool and sunshine. I will try to refrain from getting frostbite!
    I LOVE ice. My husband makes fun of me because I won't drink the last few sips of my diluted Diet Coke. So we end up with glasses all over the house that magically have the same amount of melted diet coke untouched in the bottom of the glasses. It's not intentional, but quite funny nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so hot this week, I reckon staying home with a pool (creating your own "beach" - you will have to find a name for it!) is much more relaxing than trying to find a carpark or burning your feet on hot sand! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. First day back at work today poo 💩 but on the positive side I am going down to 4 days a week with Friday's off starting this week YUSS 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying again to comment. This time from my computer as my phone never seems to work and they don't show up. Things are going crazy here with Covid and it is a bit of a worry. That driveway is so stressful for you, I hope they do the right thing. I am also trying to read more this year. Have a little bit of my first book to go but really enjoying it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (belated I know) and hopefully this comment works:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeling positive, this time I got a message it will be visible after approval. Normally I hit publish and comment just disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good nail technician would need your nails repaired

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oil and lots of oil on your nails and cuticles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll feel like a new woman with pretty nails! My own nails are shite - split up the middle and very weak, I lore getting fake ones. I like the SNS ones

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:31 PM

    I got acrylics once and never again. My nails were crap when they come off. Worse than yours look now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't judge you, we love fish n chips😊

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.