Tuesday, January 18, 2022

SHOPPING, THEN SEWING

 My wallet died.  The zip just won't work, which is damn annoying.  I am sure that it's only about 18 months old.  AND it wasn't cheap.  Grrrrr.

So, I'm going out to get a new wallet this morning, and also pick up a few things at The Base.

Oh and I need to get me 'Float' for the upcoming market.  Gotta have change for the customers. (yes, I'm presuming I'll sell something!)

Shame I can't do EFTPOS, but I simply don't do enough markets to warrant getting my own setup.

Luckily, I don't usually need much of a float, cos most people go to markets with plenty of the 'right' notes for my stuff.  😊

I avoid having to give coins as change, so most things are $5, $10, $20 etc. 

Once home again, I will be packing up my market 'mock up', then doing some sewing. edit:  ha ha, did that first.  

And I expect Lacy to visit in the afternoon, we have left overs!  lol


ABOVE:  Someone I know well needs to read this and take it in.  YOU are worth more than to be some man's verbal and emotional punching bag.  AND his history shows he can get physically violent too!


MOVE ON... get well emotionally and work on YOURSELF.  Become someone YOU are proud of, so no one thinks they can walk all over you again.

Right, that's about it from me for now.


9.45 am:  And that's a good job done.
Everything pertaining to markets is now packed up, organised and ready to go on the 31st of January.

ABOVE:  Instead of bits being all over the garage and some in the middle bedroom, it's now ALL in the middle bedroom.  All the longer runners are out on a trestle until we go to market, then they will get put in a big box.
The only things that are not here are the chairs we sit on, and the gazebo.  They are in the garage.
It feels good knowing it's all sorted and I am ready to go.  I'm almost looking forward to it now!  Wasn't before.

Now, I'm off to do those few things at the mall.

12.03 pm:  And it's done.  I found a lovely new wallet with only one small zip inside (the zip being the problem with my old wallet).   The saleslady gave me a 20% discount because my records showed my old wallet was only 15 months old, and should not have broken that quickly.  So that was nice.

I then came home as Lacy was due to arrive over.
Which she did.  We had a chat on a few topics... and hopefully things get ironed out for her soon.

I'm now going to have a quick lunch, then do some sewing.
Emily and Liam are coming over for the afternoon, so Amanda can attend a work meeting.

They will have to self entertain, cos my sewing is my priority right now.

2.13 pm:  Finally got a finish for the day:

ABOVE:  Third one of these done.
NOW I can finally make a start on a dog runner...  or 3.

So Emily and Liam were here for a couple of hours, but have left now.  I had them in the sewing room with me, air con on.  So nice and cool.
Em had her laptop and I put a Netflix movie on for Liam.  Worked well.

ABOVE: The first of the Dog Runners.  I hate it.
Maybe the next one will look better, I'm making them all different.

No comments since first thing this morning?  Is there something wrong with Blogger, or are you all just too busy to say hi?

7.25 pm:   Well it's been a lovely day.
First I saw Lacy.
Then I saw Amanda, Emily and Liam.
Then I saw Brylee.
Then Steve, Bex and the boys.
And of course Stew, Coco and Marley.

ABOVE: Em on her tablet thingee, keeping cool in the sewing room with me.
She even helped me with composing the dog runner.  

ABOVE:  Liam enjoying a movie, and spinning on me computer chair.
Boys.  😕😓😂

ABOVE:  Post swim... Dante being a dick.
That boy is going to be a comedian when he grows up, I'm sure of it.

ABOVE:  Yeah.  I wanted a photo of Archer.  Photo bombed by his brother.

And yep, that's a wrap of today.
Catch ya tomorrow.
I'm off to watch some telly and just relax for a few hours.

10 comments:

  1. Is there some way you can accept digital payments like Venmo? Or PayPal? There are so many ways to transfer money these days.
    Good advice about the abusive relationship. It is astounding how prevalent it is - around the world apparently. And it is so hard for the abused person to see it for what it is. And they generally have their self esteem destroyed along the way and are convinced no one else will accept them. Not true - girls (or boys). You NEVER have to stay with someone that is mean. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Square, Venmo and Cash App too at my shows, not sure if you guys have those there. Love them since there are no fees on all but the Square

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:29 AM

    Well said Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been out at my favourite yarn shop! I agree the dog runner doesn't work. I think it's too busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo what did you get from the yarn shop ??

      Delete
    2. Bex look up Little Woollie Makes. It's a shop in Hastings, Victoria. It is FULL of delicious squishy handspun and died yarn as well as commercial stuff. You can't help but drool. I bought some cotton to weave some placemats

      Delete
    3. Sounds like a amazing shop yes I will look it up thanks. Spotlight isn't the same lol

      Delete
  5. there is nothing wrong with the dog runner - silly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second day back at work after the hols... brain not in gear yet 😕...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree the dog runner is much too busy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.