Tuesday, January 25, 2022

BACK TO 'NORMAL'.....

 What the hell is NORMAL now?

The entire country is under the Red 'Traffic Light' setting.

Sick to the back teeth of bloody Covid-19/Delta/Omicron and whatever else transpires.

How long will this go on?

The next Market I was going to attend has just been cancelled.  Far out. 

Now my next POSSIBLE market isn't until MAY!

I feel like giving up on selling my stuff at markets.  I've no idea what to do.


Stew returns to work today, and his workplace are doing a big change in who is at work, and when. It's to work around the new restrictions, and still keep their office open.

TOoooo day..... Me?  I'm gunna get the washing done.

Sort the house out, make sure everything is tickity boo, then think about a big change down the back of our yard.

Plan out what to do.... more on that later.

Anyone want some goldfish?  I'm getting rid of them.  I'm tired of trying to keep damn fish alive.

Gunna get me some lilies for the pond. 

Yesterday I tried to 'Map My Walk' while in the Ruakuri Cave.  That is an App that tracks your walk, distance, time, steps etc.

ABOVE:  We were in the cave for almost an hour and a half.  I did 5,441 steps, but according to the app, I only walked 150 metres!  😅😂😆

I'm picking that app doesn't work when you are under ground!  Well, I tried.

ABOVE:  A  photo of a lovely stream that we stopped at yesterday.  Somewhere near Piopio, pronounced Pew Pew!  Weird.


ABOVE:  This is the stream that flows into the Waitomo Cave.  It was very low at this point, but  much deeper inside the caves.  It was very muddy here.  We saw a small eel in it.  And some baby trout.


Right, that's me for now.

Catch ya later.


11.50 am:  Well my morning hasn't gone to plan.
Instead of doing housework, I went and did a very BIG grocery shop!
We shouldn't run out of the basics any time soon.

I also popped into my favourite clothing shop (TS14+) in Chartwell, and bought this:

ABOVE:  It's exactly the same as another striped top, from the same shop, that I got in Australia.  Just in a different colour way.

ABOVE:  I also got this cute little scarf holder cos it was on sale, and I can now get me scarves off the floor in me wardrobe.



Now?  Relax for a while. The washing can wait.

4.23 pm:  Yeah.  Done nothing this afternoon!  My plans just fizzled out.  Feeling really tired.
I should be going to card night, but I'm not even doing that.

I think being on the go all weekend has caught up with me.
I'll try to be a bit more interesting tomorrow, lol.

14 comments:

  1. It is interesting that the app "sort of" worked. It kept track of time and steps. That is interesting.
    I can't even keep gold fish alive in an aquarium. You are doing pretty well, IMO.
    No Glow Worms?
    I am sorry to hear about Covid shutting down your markets. I don't know when/if this will ever end. It seems like the earth is trying to tell us something.
    We have been pretty much homebodies for two years now. But we work from home anyhow - so it isn't too very different. Other than not seeing friend/family as much. There is a Covid outbreak in my extended family right now. About 12 people have it, along with 10 of their co-workers. Also in a separate outbreak my close friend and her son have it. One case led to an Emergency Room visit, another led to Pneumonia but everyone seems to be on the mend now. And the 2 worse cases were in 20 and 30 somethings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think apps like that need satellites to work properly which is why they don’t work properly underground
    My daughter rang on Sunday to say that my 3 year old grandson had tested positive for Covid with RAT tests( so lucky son in law had a couple from work) Later that day she started to get symptoms as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems your government is trying to stop the unstoppable. Fortunately, the Omicron variant is generally mild, lots of our friends and colleagues have had it now, and it hopefully appears to be burning out in Australia. Jacindas order of 24 days quarantine is well over the top! Hope things get back to some sort of normal for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Can you sell your goodies on Facebook marketplace?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a stressful time I’m tested twice a week and it’s raising the anxiety levels for sure. There’s NZ market place on FB Choice on FB.
    FLYERS reopen shop? X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:19 AM

    If you put more lollies in the pond maybe the water would stay cooler and the fish would survive. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I'd rather eat the lollies! As for LILIES, the bloody fish have eaten about $200 worth of lilies so far! I'm not getting any more while we have fish.

      Delete
  7. Could you turn the fish pond into a kind of rock garden? I agree about trying to keep fish alive, there's no way I would want that worry. We did Waitomo caves a few years back but will return, it's a great experience. We want to take the two younger boys and perhaps make it an overnight motorhome trip.

    Omicron? Yep, let's just get this over with! I understand that they need to slow the spread but there will be massive disruption for a couple of months. How wonderful when life gets back to normal, whatever that is now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, if you like to sell your things but don't want to, or can't, go to market, you could start your own Facebook page and just list them on there. Find out flat rate pricing from the post office, buy a few bags, and just add postage when you quote prices. That might work for you. Like Lucky Leanne and her sister's Crafty Sister's page. I have bought so much from her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting for my Covid test result to come back have been feeling like shit since Saturday 🥺 up to 3 days wait ohhh well at least I can still drink beer lol 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter how much I enjoy a holiday I also need a few days rest when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is always interesting..dont ever feel you have to entertain your readers. We love just hearing you are doing ok..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I need a scarf holder like that - mine are all dotted about in various boxes and I can never be arsed to look one out ! We are lessening covid restrictions here now ( apart from the dreaded masks, which still have to be worn in Scotland) as the predicted tsunami of Omicron deaths just did not happen. Lots of positive cases but very few people even showing symptoms, let alone requiring medical treatment. I am so over it now and think we will be paying through increased taxes for years to come. Wish I had a magic money tree like governments seem to have !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you know what would happen to any politician who tried some of this stuff in rural Missouri? I'll tell you... they NEVER LOCKED DOWN out there for a reason. Never. Not one day. I'm astounded by the compliance over there. I wish you could get out, but it's so pretty over there too... it's very sad!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.