Thursday, January 20, 2022

OUT WITH THE DOGS

 LOL... not our girls!

But those hideous Dog Runners?  Not doing any more.

I'm going back to what makes me happy...




COLOUR !

I can now say I tried staid colours... and for me it didn't work.
Never doing that again.

Today I am going to work on the above runners.   I got a few ready for working on last night.
With any luck I shall have some finishes to show you later on today.

Don't worry Lacy, I will do some work on your 'Need Beer Now' a bit later on too.  No rush on that ...  whereas I do need to get a few more runners done for me market.

Right, that's it for now.  Hoping to see some rain today... otherwise I shall have to get out there and water the damn gardens and pots.

Oh and we have now lost three goldfish this summer.  I'm positive it's from the water getting too warm for them.  Sad.  If it keeps happening I will be getting rid of the pond, it's upsetting fishing out dead goldfish.


...


ABOVE:  I just remembered this little video of Marley being a dick.  She does this 'thing' a lot.

ABOVE:  10.20 am, and look at them clouds!
Promise of rain?

ABOVE: Nah!  I don't believe it.  So I hung out the washing.  IF ANYTHING is gunna make it rain, it's hanging out the washing, right? 😂😆😊

ABOVE: 11.05 am:  It freaking well worked!
We have a VERY light rain going on.  Not enough to get out there and dance in, but it's water coming out of the sky!!!

Right.  Back to sewing.
The very top picture?  That fabric has gone in the 'too hard basket'. It's not behaving at all.
It is a loose weave (read crap fabric) and no matter how much stretching and ironing I do, it's not squaring up at all.

So, I moved on to something else.
This is gunna shock you, it's NOT BRIGHT!

ABOVE: See?  But, it's lovely.  It measures 110 cm X 27 cm.  I've enough fabric to make three.
Then I will move on to the next ones... they will be BRIGHT. 😋

NOT HAPPY JAN.  I just got an email from the organiser of the St Andrews Market (Cambridge).  He's cancelled it.
Due to Covid restrictions, and the logistics of holding the market and not being able to stop unvaccinated people attending, bla bla bla.
This is the fourth time he's cancelled the market in two years.  

So, now my next market isn't until the end of February.
I suppose that gives me plenty of time to make more stock.  


Just so annoying.

4.15 pm:  Just had an hour long nap.  Dreamed some random woman arrived with two dogs and 4 kids and they literally took over the house! AND jumped in the pool in their clothes.  Weirdest dream ever, it woke me up. 
Now I just feel cranky as fuck.

So annoyed about the market being cancelled, I was really looking forward to it.
I don't even feel like sewing now.

I've got a butterflied chicken out for dinner, I suppose I better get it ready for the oven.  Don't have any potatoes.

STEW! Get potatoes on the way home would ya?

There has been no more rain either.  Pffffft.

Well... Stew came home with potatoes, and ...

ABOVE:  A gorgeous Watermelon.  It's the first one we have bought this summer.  They have been horribly expensive.
Dessert is sorted.

Our dinner was just lovely.  The chicken was just PERFECT.  I must show you what I get next time, so ya know what it is.
Never fails.

Right, it's now 11.16 pm and I suppose it's bedtme.
Catch ya tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. Hahaha George does a very similar thing they're weirdos but we love them 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays10:21 AM

    Those colours in the top pic are amazing,
    Would make your day,week month year so much brighter ,
    Like you the more unconventional colours have their place , but the bright and pattern on there works well,,

    Great to catchup on here to see what you have all been up to,
    All our tradies came 4 days in a row as arranged so lotsa happy noise and big progress Yay

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dogs do that a lot. It's like a good back scratch. it's cute when they are little - when they're a big border collie and a kelpie it's just weird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Re your fishpond, could you perhaps get some advice from the shop you got the fish from

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definately only work on stuff you enjoy doing otherwise it sucks the fun out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had delightful rain overnight sure cooler and promise more later

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coffee runners will sell for sure.
    Could your headaches be migraines? They will knock you for 6 and make you want to throw up.
    Maybe some beer runners as well as wine ones for the market? And gin. And coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bugger about the market :-(.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that the market you were going to do got canceled! Maybe it'll be better to have a bit longer of a wait. As I told you in the comments section of your January 4th post, (I think it was that post), the market that I did in November was a nightmare! But hang in there, this way you'll have more time to make stuff for it, and maybe people will be healthier. Right now my married daughter and two grandsons all have Covid!!! And all three are pretty sick at the moment. Damn people and their germs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I goofed! The post that I commented on was your January 14th post, not the January 4th post.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous4:53 PM

    That is so frustrating to have the market cancelled, but better safe than sorry. I love the coffee runner and I think it will be a good seller. Could you make place mats to go with? Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good watermelon 🍉

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bugger about market...im going home to twizel Waitangi weekend to do a stall so hope that isnt cancelled but still get couple days visit me parents

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marley - so funny. My dog usually does the same thing only outside as I have wood floors, no carpeting except in the upstairs bedrooms. When I let him outside this morning it was -11 F or -23 C and the first thing he did was have a back rub on the cement patio. Aie Yie Yie! I'm sorry your market was cancelled. I'm sure it is very frustrating to be all prepared for it and then to have it cancelled.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL on the rain and dream!

    Covid is rampant here right now. Doesn't seem to care if you have all the vaccinations and boosters. Literally everyone I know has at least one person in their family who has it right now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.