Monday, May 24, 2021

SQUISH... OR NOT?

 Today I'm supposed to have my regular mammogramme.


But, as our region's District Health Board got hacked a week ago, and is still down; I am wondering if my appointment stands?

I was thinking all would be back to normal today, but according to the News it will be another week before all is back up and running properly.

So... I'll wait until 9 am, and then ring the clinic to see if they are still running to schedule or not.

If my appointment stands, it's not till this afternoon, which means I don't have to jump out of bed too early.

And that's neat, cos I am not in the least inclined to get up early today.

If I go for a walk, it won't be until much later on this morning. 

And that's me for now, I'm gunna roll over and read the news in bed.  I might even get myself a Caramel Latte to drink in bed.


12 noon:  And my morning went slightly different to what I had planned.
I had just stepped out of the shower and my phone rang.
It was the Breast Screening Clinic, asking if I could come in this morning?
They had canceled all their morning appointments due to the Cyber Attack on the hospital, so wanted to get all the mammogram appointments done this morning instead.
So, I threw me clothes on and off I went.


ABOVE:  I was very surprised to find the car parking building wasn't charging to park in there!  Maybe that's something to do with all the computer systems being down?
Either way, it was neat, even though I had to go right to the top to find a car park.


ABOVE: This little, innocuous looking building... bound to make any woman wince just thinking about going in there!  I certainly did.
But, it wasn't too bad.
The lady who did my screening was very careful and considerate.  I was in and out again in less than half an hour.

On my way home I stopped and had a walk along the river bank:

ABOVE:  It was just me and the ducks.  And they were all curled up trying to keep warm.

ABOVE:  Not many leaves left on the trees... full on winter soon.


ABOVE: The river is still fairly low, but it won't be long before it's fuller. It's just so pretty down along the river bank with all the autumn colours still.

ABOVE:  Lunchtime.  Left overs turned into a toasted sandwich.  Nice and warm on a cool day.

5.45 pm:  I've spent my afternoon doing some housework, grocery shopping, and some sewing.
Might get to me jig saw tomorrow.

I've got beef meatballs simmering in a Sweet & Tangy sauce, and they will be over Udon Noodles.
Followed by a small pottle of Salted Caramel Chocolate Mousse.  Cos that's what I feel like!
No point denying a craving, you just make it worse.

Dinner was very yum.  Dessert was too.  I'll share that tomorrow... cos it's worth sharing it!
Time to wrap up the day, I'm slowly getting colder and colder, so going to bed soon.

16 comments:

  1. Lying in bed with a latte and the news sounds like an excellent way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now That...... Is a perfectly toasted sandwich. Did you use a special gadget or a frying pan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought a small sandwich press. The toasted sandwich maker is shit.

      Delete
  3. Pretty pictures 📷 bloody chilly again meant to be around 13 degrees all week yuck!! Made a big pot of ham and vegetable soup great for this time of year 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even get the boys into the dentist for another 4 weeks because of the hospital system being down. The toasted sandwich looks so yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I look really hard and squint a bit I swear the corners of your mouth are turning up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twat. Said with love of course.

      Delete
  6. Well done on the walk mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh that toastie is making me drool....c'mon lunchtime, I know what I'm having too 😃

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your river is low our lake is very very low, so pretty the walk with the stunning winter colours I had bubble n squeak leftovers for dinner yummmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays10:25 PM

    Love the colours of Hamilton,
    Thanks for the share
    Like us had a mixed bag of a day
    Sometimes we get that yeah.?

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.... I have heaps of 'mixed bag' days!

      Delete
  10. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Love the picture of the river with the orange bush and tree trunk. Gorgeous. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours in your photo's. Don't mean to upset you in any way, the photo of you is so much like your Mother. So she is always with you, in you.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had my big squeeze a couple of months back, isn't it just so much fun. All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.