Tuesday, May 11, 2021

HIGH VIS

 Well, yesterday afternoon I finally got the pockets on my new High Vis Vest:

ABOVE:  I'm really happy with the pockets, now I can just put me phone and keys in them and off I go

I'm hoping I don't get too hot in it! 

Lacy saw my High Vis Vest the other day and tried to nick it.  I told her she wasn't having it.

Then I rang Admin at FBG and asked if there was a spare one in Medium?  Luck would have it, there was.  So I picked it up yesterday.

ABOVE:  She's thrilled to bits with it... cos it's PURPLE!


ABOVE:  It really glows when you use ya flash! 

Now... cos he was so cute:

ABOVE:  Liam dancing in the cutest dress... he's gunna hate us when he's 16 and we show it to his mates!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜…

I don't have any firm plans for my day.  Tonight I've got cards in Cambridge, so that will be nice.
So.... let's just see what pans out.


10.50 am:  And I've been to the supermarket, just for a few fresh items.  Ya know... lollies, chocolates, cakes.... ha ha, just joking! Bread.  Veges.  Meat.


ABOVE: When I pulled into the carpark at Countdown, I noticed a group of people gathered, looking ready to set off for a walk.
So I steeled my nerves and went over to ask them if they were indeed a walking group?

Turns out there are members of a group called Rebus.  They go walking only about once a fortnight, but said I was welcome to join their group.

BUT... in order to join you had to be retired, or at least semi-retired.
I said, well I'm kinda retired?  I don't go to work anymore?

They then asked me how old I was, cos maybe I was too young to join yet?

When I told them my age they said I could join!  lol
So I'm going to.

It's about time I started making new friends over here, and going on a walk once a fortnight with them will be nice too.

Spreading my Hamilton wings.  

DAMMIT.
I actually have the worst headache right now.
So I'm going to take some pills and lie down, with the fervent hope I can sleep it off.
I would really like to attend Card Night this evening.

The pills didn't work.  
Tried to sleep, didn't work.
Phone kept ringing.
Gave up.

Then Bex and the boys called in.  That was lovely.
After they left I sorted out dinner for Stew, threw some face on and went over to Cambridge for Card night.

ABOVE:  I co-won tonight.  We didn't play too late tonight, we were all a bit tired.
I still have my headache, so won't be long out of bed tonight.

16 comments:

  1. So when is you next after 5pm FBG walk πŸ’™πŸ’œ
    #LacyπŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you being proactive and courageous!! Nice moves Liam they grow up so quickly πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Rebus might be similar to Probus over here. A great way to make friends and lots of different activities. Love the high vis vests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay, good on you for approaching the new group, close to home for you too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Awesome to find a walking group in Hamilton. Could be the start of another chapter. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:08 PM

    Well done on approaching the group - never easy to do. It will be good to get to know some more people in Hamilton and not have to go over to Cambridge. Wish I could still walk without a walker - could never keep up. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am so happy you found another walking group. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leeann1:28 PM

    Good for you asking if you could join them. Hope you enjoy that group

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you puuling up your big gitl knickers and asking about the walking group...u go girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats commitment to your fitness goals! Go you!!!
    Hope you meet new friendsx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so brave to approach the walking group, I hope you make lots of lovely new friends there. Lacy is rocking the hi vis vest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your headache gets better and you go to card night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew it it’s definitely purple lol
    Great guns you another group walk there’s a garden walk group too I think
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liam is soooo cute! He is definitely going to hate you for that one :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha! We do our jobs of being embarrassing parents/grandparents well don’t we! πŸ‘πŸ‘

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.