Tuesday, May 25, 2021

SO BLOODY YUM!

 Last night's dessert was so amazing, I just have to share.

ABOVE:  THIS.  This is amazing!  So rich.  A tiny hint of ALCOHOL !  And way, way too small a serving.

What surprised me the most though?  The two servings were in LITTLE GLASS TUMBLERS.

So surprised, totally expected the usual plastic tubs.

Made in Italy of all places.  Imported into New Zealand via Australia.  I don't even know how much they were.... but next time I buy some I will find out.

Probably quite expensive.  But so nice.

Now... what are my plans for today?

I've got a big basket of washing to fold and put away.  Another load of linen to hang out.

Vacuming.  And that's about it. 🐥🐤🐣

It's card night this evening, I'll need to get dinner sorted out for Stew.  I'm thinking maybe a crock pot of pea and bacon soup.  I got some bacon out of the freezer yesterday, so will use that.

So that's sussed.  

BUT at the moment I'm not sure if I will go to Cards.  I didn't enjoy it last time.  

I've tried putting it down here why I didn't enjoy cards last time, but no matter how I word it, it doesn't come out right.  

And if I do put it on here, I'm bound to get shot down in flames by dozens of people!

Let's just say my feelings and opinion on a 'hot topic' didn't go down well.   I respect others choices, so you really should respect mine too.

First time I've felt discord in our lovely card group.

Last thing for me to remember for today... A doctor's appointment.  I need to get a new prescription, and also something to help me feel less.... up 'n' down?  My mood is too erratic for my liking right now.

It is only because there's a lot on my plate right now... juggling lots of issues that play out in my mind too much.

I overthink far too much!

Are you like that too?  Tell me I'm not alone in this?

I suppose back in the day I would be called a 'worrier'.  Stew calls me that.  He's right though.  

If I don't hear from a kid for a while I worry something is wrong. Or if Stew's late home from Rotorua, same thing.  I imagine all the 'terrible' scenarios, like they've had an accident is the most common one.

I'm sure that's because both my brothers and Dad died in accidents.  It's a horrible feeling worrying all the time.

I need a chill pill!  😂😅😊

So, once it's 9 am, I'm gunna ring and make an appointment, and get me sorted.  It helps just knowing I'm gunna do something positive about it.

OMG I can't believe I forgot to tell you guys this too....

GRIFFIN got a job!

He moved back to Hamilton recently, and got a job fairly quickly.  He did a 'trial' day on Friday last week, then started proper yesterday.

We are so very proud of him, he's finally working.  And he's grown and matured and is a really lovely young man, just as we always knew he was.

He just went through a rough patch for a while, as some teenagers do.  


11 am:  And all is going well with the morning.  The sun is out, so is the washing.  Free drying today 😊.
The crock pot has been on since 8.30 with our dinner and is already smelling delicious.
I've got some garlic buttered bread rolls to go with it.
I've not put away the washing yet... one of my pet peeves.  Mum used to let it pile up in the spare bedroom for weeks I reckon!  I'm not quite that slow at doing it.
Vacuuming?  Might get around to that later.
Right now, I'm just enjoying sitting in a sunny spot, listening to my music.
I could stay here a while.

Well... I've had a wonderful afternoon.  I took the dogs for a walk, which they loved. Then I did some of my jig saw, slowly making progress.
Dinner is ready, I just have to cook the bread rolls in the oven for 5 minutes.
Stew should be home in about an hour.
Then we can have dinner, and enjoy a quiet night in front of the telly.

I'm not going to cards tonight.  I'm just not in the right frame of mind for it.  No point going and being a grump.

ABOVE: And here I am... just chilling out.
Is anyone else like me, can't 'just' watch the TV?
I have to be doing a puzzle, or Sudoku or a card game while watching the telly?
I do it almost every single night.

Now though, I'm gunna sign off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.


17 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:29 AM

    That dessert is $6 for 2 at Countdown.😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay ... Go Griffin. So happy for him and you all :) As for worrying, I am up there with you, so don't feel alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The desserts sound wonderful
    Congratulations to Griffin on you job👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Griffin :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a worrier too. And a hypochondriac! 😁 Great news about Griffin, you definitely should get another dessert to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:30 AM

    I think women worry about EVERYTHING at some stage and I always imagined the worse (and still do if I don't hear from them in a while) when the kids were late home or my husband is late back from his daily walk in the forest with the dog. Men seem to be able to put things aside much easier than we do, my husband always says "Stop worrying" as if it is something that is so easy to do. Great news about Griffin's job, he just needed time to find his feet in the adult world. If you can't do anything about a situation, try not to analyse it too much. As for card night, they are your friends and I am sure they may be feeling the same way as you so I hope you do go.. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let go of whatever happened at card night. Negative thoughts can poison perfectly good relationships. If you let them fester resentment forms. Disagreements happen all the time. If you don't learn to move past them relationships can be ruined irreparably. Pick your battles. You've much bigger concerns on your plate than that. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lolololol I'm just like your mum!! Since we had the reno done, we've got a huge new laundry and I lets SO much washing pile up. It's easy as I just get to close the door and pretend it doesn't exist lololol xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I worry all the time too! You are not alone! Having 3 family members die in accidents has got to be hard to handle!I avoid folding the laundry. It sits on one side of the couch, while hubby sits on the other. The only one to give me trouble about the laundry pile is the Collie! Yes - it's in "His spot". And he will look at the pile, then at me...... You know how dogs are. Poor thing can't lie in his spot. When he finally lays ON TOP of the laundry with his large hair problem - I usually fold it and put it away then!
    Wondering what this "hot topic" at card night was. MAybe you should go tonight, avoid touchy subjects, and enjoy the company like you usually do. Otherwise it might be weird when you finally go back, or even worse - you don't go back at all and end up missing out on something you LIKE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chris, you are not alone. I overthink things quite often. Sometimes I wish I could turn my thoughts off. Worrying doesn't help, does it? I have found keeping myself busy helps a bit but gosh, who wants to be busy all the time, right? ha! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I worry about things like that as well. I believe alot of people are worriers. Good job Griffin! I know your parents are proud of how well you and Brylee have turned out. Hope things improve soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Griffin 👏👏 well done huge swells in the ocean here because of the king tide tomorrow and the Blood Moon Eclipse once in forty year thing apparently tomorrow night at around 11pm. If the sky is clear it should be epic!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic news for Griffin well done young man!! So pleased for him

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:21 PM

    You're not alone Chris. I worry about stupid stuff but it's what I do. I'm shit scared about my upcoming surgery because I am overweight and unfit. I worry about my son who I sent packing last week. He's 42 and lazy. I know he has somewhere to live but I still worry. Stupid stuff. Anyway Congratulations to Griffin. Hopefully this will be the making of him. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super news Griffin how cool.
    Those desserts sound yummy . I have been walking working in cold all day still at work had a dinner break got about an hour to go

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, you and me both... I always do something else while watching TV!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm reading this while watching East Enders!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.