Sunday, May 16, 2021

OFF TO WELLINGTON TODAY

 Well... today we head as south as we can go... without getting on a ferry for the South Island.

I'm looking forward to seeing the wild and windy capital, and the sea.  It is often very rough, which I love.  

Stew went out late yesterday afternoon and found some lovely smellys for the spa bath:

ABOVE:  OMG he did so well!

ABOVE:  Ummmm... when I turned on the spa... It made so many bubbles they overflowed the bath!

(JUST in case anything was showing, modesty block in place 😂😅😆)  It was a marvelous bath!

And that is about all I  have to now.  I hope to get a few amazing photos on our way, but it will depend on the weather.  Yesterday's was a bit shit.  According to the weather forecast it's going to rain. 


...11.01 am. Half way to Wellington.  Stopped at Foxton fabric shop. Then again at Otaki Outlet shops. 
The weather is not foul at all, the weather forecast was wrong.
Lots of traffic today.

1.51 pm. Sheesh! Having a wonderful trip. We have been around the lower Wellington coast line.
Now at Porirua for lunch before booking into our motel. Then we are going on another Tiki Tour.

PHOTOS   LATER....

ABOVE:  Leaving Palmerston North this morning.  We had been expecting wet weather, but it was lovely instead.

ABOVE:  The fabric shop in Foxton was OPEN, so we popped in.  I didn't really need or want anything, but I ended up getting two little panels of fabric.  Once for coasters and one for a cot quilt.  The lady in the shop had to get one of the panels off the wall for me.

ABOVE: We stopped in Otaki and looked in a clothing shop, but it was so full I gave up trying to find anything.  Then we went into an amazing art gallery, loved so much in there!  Bright and colourful stuff/painting etc.
Oh yes, also got a couple of little books for Christmas presents.  


ABOVE:  Wellington's Oriental Parade.  So pretty.



ABOVE:  I think this was Island Bay!





ABOVE: YES, I got a rock!  

ABOVE:  X's 6.... Owhiro Bay.  You can't go any further by car from here, but you can walk further.  We didn't.  It was blowing a gale and cold as F#%@.

We headed back to central Wellington via  Happy Valley.  Passed a crazy looking place with masses of 'rusty bits' lying around.  So we turned around and went back to look what it was.
It was a Mini Putt Putt (Golf) Course, but whoever owns it loves making weird stuff with old metal bits 'n' bobs.
MY sorta person!









ABOVE:  It was called 'Carlucciland'.  I was super impressed with so many of the metal 'sculptures'.

Back in Wellington:

ABOVE:  The little green guy caught my attention, he made me smile.



ABOVE:  X's 3, Titahi Bay.  Sheltered,  not so many waves.

ABOVE: My Titahi Bay rock... it's got a wonky heart.

ABOVE: Somewhere up high!


ABOVE:  Looking out towards where the South Island would be if it was a clear day!  We could ONLY JUST SEE the outline of it.  Can't in the photo.


ABOVE:  Lovely rough sea views.  
I think it was from  high up above Titahi Bay.


ABOVE:  Kaitawa Point in Whitireia Park.  It was a scary drive up... the road was single lane, and sheer drops in places.
I nearly shat myself!
I thought about walking back to the main road instead of being in the car!

ABOVE: That shitty little road.  It really doesn't look that bad here... but there was one small stretch that scarred me shitless.

And now... just so ya know, that update (with photos) took me over TWO HOURS!
You better like me bloody photos!

We are now going to head off for dinner.  I think we are going to the local Cobb and Co, it's just across the road.

9.22 pm:  And our dinner at Cobb and Co was very nice.  Basic but good.
We were warned it could take up to 40 minutes for the food to arrive, which didn't bother us, but it was a classic case of under promise and over deliver.  Fed and out the door in about an hour!.
Just watching telly now before bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

21 comments:

  1. I think these little journeys that you are taking are a great idea. Wish I had relatives a few hours drive away. Mine are all 5 to 20 hours drive !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:25 AM

    There's a neat cafe on the coast called Chocolate Fish. No fabric shops open on Sundays believe it or not. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great day turing around together x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Day definitely have been busy making a bacon and egg pie plus a spinach and feta bake 😋 corned silverside with veggies for dinner 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos - also love Wellington. See you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scenery
    Loved the rusty bits n bobs
    That rock a wonky heart or a rock for Brylee 😁
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the photos. It is just so beautiful. And it is so good to see that you and Stew really do appreciate the beauty and don't take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your photos Chris. Makes me want to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know all about how long the photos take, I've been doing the same on our trip. We are now in Christchurch and home tomorrow and interestingly enough, we are also right across from a Cobb and Co but had to use up food in the motorhome. Enjoy my home town, yes it is windy and cold a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only been to NZ once and we went to Cobb & co restaurant, my boys were a lot younger then and loved it. Also we drove up the Remarkables and I have never been more terrified in my life, thought we were going to fall off the edge of the mountain 😱 So keen to visit again and do the North Island, it looks beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kiwionholidays7:40 PM

    What a fab array of pics Chris n Stew
    What a fabulous trip and so any cool shots

    Thanks for sharing will have a slower look at them all later cos wanted to reply while it’s still your awake time ✅💗🌹

    ReplyDelete
  12. My brother has a place in Italy and I have an open invitation. Nope. I only want to visit New Zealand. I was there in 1970 and only saw parts of the North Island. My mission is to convince the Husband that we need to cash in some of our super and spend a good couple of months there. Loving your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, you will love it! We've just done two weeks on the South Island and it's been amazing!! Come on over :)

      Delete
  13. Wow you have had a busy day. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pics...thanks 😀

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Fox's Cottage is a beautiful shop. Only been once but will do again. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your bloody pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh so lovely to see Wellington, especially Oriental Parade. I lived in a very old house down at the end, 50 years ago.
    Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pictures. The sculptures are amazing and the country is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you are having a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I grew up in Titahi Bay Chris, spent a lot of my youth on that beach. Cobb & Co do an awesome drink with a vodka cruiser sticking out of it, a lot of fun to drink :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.