Tuesday, November 10, 2020

DAY ELEVEN QUARANTINE - AUCKLAND

Well... what do I have to look forward to today I wonder?

How about my 2nd Covid Test here?  Yep.  And once that is done, and I get my negative, I can leave on Friday at 6 pm.

So, while the Covid test is damn UNCOMFORTABLE, at least it's working towards a good end.

THREE MORE SLEEPS!  I've really hated the quarantine experience, as most people would.  But I have to keep reminding myself that it was for THE BEST REASON EVER.

Without it, I could not have spent those three weeks with Mum, before she passed away.  So I am trying to keep that perspective in mind.

This time will pass and soon it will just be a horrible memory.

And there is so much to look forward to.

Summer is coming.

Christmas is coming.

A long overdue trip away for Stew and I is going to happen fairly soon too.

So... I'm hanging in there and making sure I keep my head above water. 

As you can imagine, I did NOT get much sleep again last night.  I felt pretty rattled by the fire evacuation.  Even though there's reports there was no actual fire, just a malfunction with sprinklers going off... I just don't feel safe anymore.

So I will probably spend a lot of my days from now on walking 'outside' in the lobby or on the Level 4 Deck.  Actually, I'm going off the Level 4 Deck, cos you are still up in the building. At least in the lobby you are on ground level and can get 'out' immediately if need be.

I know in my head that there is not likely to be another fire alarm, and I'm perfectly safe in my room.  But still... I'm seriously rattled.

Want out of here so bad.  

ABOVE:  This was me last night.

Handbag - check
Laptop and passport -  check
Mask and room key - check
Shoes ready - check
Torch - check
Clothes ON - check

It wasn't a fun night.


ONWARD...

I worked out that I actually got 2 hours sleep last night.  I feel like a zombie.

And I have to stay in my room and wait for the phone to ring, calling me down to the Nurses Station for my Covid test.

Frustrating as ...  all I want to do is get out and walk off this horrible feeling of being trapped in my room.

I'm feeling really 'shaky' today.  Lack of sleep?  Stress?  Anticipation?  I don't know what.

Ha!  I got breakfast this morning too.


I can't even imagine eating anything right now.

My stomach just crawled away into a dark place.

THREE MORE SLEEPS.  Have I said that already?  Yeah probably.  

11.46 am:  I've still not been called to go have the Covid test.  My nerves are SHOT.

I've got the shakes just sitting here waiting... waiting.

It's worse than going for a blood test, and that's saying something!

1.29 pm:  Seems I've stayed in my room ALL morning for nothing.  The Covid testing team won't be here until later this afternoon.  

But no time given, so I am stuck here in this room until they ring.  Grrrrrr.

Like, I really wanted to get out and walk today.

MEANWHILE.... lunch arrived.

ABOVE:  A small wrap, one chicken pattie cut into 3, some coleslaw. No sauce or flavouring. Chips and Orange Juice. 

2.30 pm and I've finally had the last Covid Test.  It was as awful as I knew it would be.  I hope I never ever have to get one again.  

And now... I'm going down to the lobby for a walk.  And to get some fresh air.

5.28 pm: Changed my mind about the lobby for now.  Instead I tortured myself and repacked my bags.
Tried on clothes to work out just what I wanted to wear on Friday night.
So many choices now!
But I settled on one of my new dresses. 
MY FAVOURITE ONE.

I hope Stew thinks I look nice in it.
He would lie if not though!  So I won't really know.

It was fun trying on clothes again.  Some have been in my 'DON'T NEED THEM RIGHT NOW' suitcase for weeks!

It cheered me up a bit.

Stew will be up here in Auckland tomorrow and Thursday on business.  He won't see me though.  He has full days in meetings.
And I don't think I could bear seeing him and not be able to get a hug.
So, we are both waiting till Friday night.
That brings tears to my eyes .... so near, yet so far still.

8.05 pm:  I had an hour long walk in the lobby after dinner tonight.  It was empty for the first half an hour, then I had to share the space with a few others.

ABOVE:  Dinner tonight. Same pork as last night over KUMERA (I hate kumera) and is that Bok Choy?  Didn't like that either.  So I had pork for dinner.  The rest went in the bin.
YES, the cake too.  The cake in here is dry, and certainly NOT FRESH.

Now I'm going to have a soak in the bath before going to bed fairly early.
I'm damn tired after virtually no sleep last night.

22 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44 AM

    Hey Ma 💙
    gosh your gona need one heck of a pamper week once you out, shit you have really been put thro the dam ringer

    hang in there Ma your a blinken trouper you are xx

    we are all so bloody dam proud of you

    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Lacey, you are so right, look after your Mum she needs it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-quarantine-food-so-bad-guest-forks-out-for-uber-eats-every-night/UFE5DY2GW2VJE7TJ4PGESDUHHE/

    Thought it was you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope.... OMG imagine if I did though! LOL My photos would look SO MUCH BETTER. NOT the food, but the photo quality for sure. No one will ever get the catering changed or made better. It's a money thing... supply the CHEAPEST meals possible, and pocket the profit. End of Story.

      Delete
    2. Oh and if anyone want to tackle me on that issue, I shall block all comments. Cos I can.

      Delete
    3. I had to go read that lol. Hers looked as bad as yours!

      Delete
    4. Anonymous12:23 PM

      I felt sure it was going to be you too!
      Emily

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:37 AM

    3, 2, 1... the end is in sight Chris. I bet Stews not getting much sleep either. I am really excited for you all. What a sacrifice you have made for your beautiful mum. Cant wait to see you both when you're on your travels one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really gobsmacked that people are allowed to mingle, even while in isolation. Like all the people on the deck. I mean, what if one of those had Covid? Then you'd all get it. Nah, I'd be avoiding everyone else like the plague! Sorry you had such a terrible night. Would have been really scary for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 more sleeps. You can do this.
    I wonder how many hotels' reputations have been affected by the shit food supplied to quarantiners? Even if you know that it comes from an external source you would have an aversion to staying there again. And to be honest, I can't see you staying at either of those hotels ever ever ever ever again - even if someone offered you a freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am amazed that people are allowed to mingle! I also didn't sleep last night, in fact I had the night from hell (in hospital). To top it all off my breakfast was awful so I can relate to how you feel. At least I'm home now and not long for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are okay Lynda, that sounds horrible :-(

      Delete
  8. That is annoying having to be stuck in your room waiting for the nurses. I hope you managed to get a bit of a nap today though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hate the lack of communication. It would drive me bananas. Your nerves must be shot. So much for a nice relaxing retreat in quarantine. You will need a holiday with Stew to recover :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:03 PM

    Maybe I am missing something here, but couldn't they have rung you on your cell phone for your test and then you could have exercised this morning.? Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Obviously not Audrey, even though they have everyone's cellphone number. Doesn't matter now... it's done and over with. Got a damn sore nose now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Countdown time. You’ve done so well! Can’t even begin to imagine how hard it’s been! You’re a brave strong woman

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:51 PM

    To fill in tomorrow, you could do a fashion parade and put up pics of you modelling all your dresses lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:14 PM

    I’ve been doing a lot of reading back through your archives, may I suggest you do the same to pass some time? I’ve easily fallen down the inter webs rabbit hole for several hours! It might help to reminisce and look back at how much you’ve achieved over the years, how far you’ve come. Mostly maybe remind you of how many people love and care for you and are waiting as anxiously as you are to be together again.
    I’ve very much enjoyed your story and must admit to taking a little inspiration from your soldier on attitude!
    There’s so much good in your world, many memories behind you and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8:26 PM

    Nite Nite Chris have a good nights sleep. Nearly there.X kj

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:09 PM

    Night night Ma 💙 💜
    We all love you 💙

    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your sleep was more restful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.