Monday, February 09, 2015

SALTED CARAMEL WAS....

Sadly... too sweet!
Half the family didn't like it, and the rest of us ate some and decided it was just too sweet and sickly.

So, I've got a large container of Salted Caramel sauce going to waste in the fridge. Who wants it?  lol

The ice cream is in the freezer, will probably get thrown out.  What a waste.  Maybe next time I make ice cream it will not be so sweet... might even use artificial sweetener too.

ARCHGOLA:  fingers crossed they turn up today, or at least get in touch to let me know what's the haps.  We are expecting more rain late today, so I'll have to bring everything inside again I suppose.  *sigh*

I've got hospice this afternoon, on my way  there I shall post the Baby Cot quilt to my niece.  One less thing to do during the week.

And that, I think, is all for now.  I feel like I'm talking to myself now!  I know I've invited a few friends to read this, but it won't be the same as usual.  

I suppose at least I don't have to worry about Anon's!

ONWARD...

I finally heard from the Archgola guy!  He's so sorry, but the side curtains are not ready yet, so he will let me know when they are.  Derrr.  Talk about stating the obvious.  He could have let me know that on Friday, when I was actually expecting him!  

Feeling crabby.

Also haven't heard back from the Insurance company re: our little flood/damaged kitchen floor.  *sigh*  It's a constant waiting game for anything right now it seems.

I'm in quite a foul mood this morning. 

Right... I'm heading out to post that quilt, then go to Hospice Shop for the afternoon.  I hope it's busy, or the 2048 game on me phone is going to get a bashing.

Home again... and I had fun at the shop today.  We were relatively steady all afternoon, till the die off at 4.30 pm.  Today's Treasure:


ABOVE:  Books, rain capes, book ends for Dante, Zumba set (DVD's, weights and a sports watch) and extra hand weights for Kelly, plate stands and a make up mirror. 
Not bad!

Bex is cooking dinner .. it's smells so good.  Shame I'm not having any.  
I shall be cooking my own dinner.  I have a stir fry of veges with some sort of protein added like chicken or pork. 

15 comments:

  1. You are not alone! I need my Chris fix each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including me as a reader. You and your family are a part of my day. I don't comment very often, but I'll try to do it more. As I've told you before, you are my pretend family. I'm a widow without children and your family fills a void in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how I've been reading your blog for YEARS and the thought of missing out on my daily dose of DCR was like getting a limb severed!! The longer you can keep this private the more frustrated they will be.... don't rush going back to being public ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bugger about the ice cream. Enjoy hospice today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad about the ice cream but it probably wasn't going to be good for the diet!!! Hope you get the curtains soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Waves* .... Hi Chris :) Thanks for inviting me along for the ride as well - like the others, I may not comment every day - but I do drop by your blog most days. Sorry to hear the ice cream wasn't what you expected. If you ever want a sugar-free ice cream recipe, holler out - I made one up years ago when my brother was living at home, as he's a diabetic. He said it was okay as far as sugar-free stuff went.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours is one of the few blogs I read each day ..... glad to be here :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy you didn't delete. The first thing I go to in the morning is your blog. I need my Chris fix, too!!

    Bummer about the icecream. I never really had much luck with home made icecream and tend to eat it so prefer to buy small quantities of very good stuff when I get the urge.

    Sadly, there are so many tradies/companies who lose their customer service once they have your business. A phone call would have taken a minute and kept the customer happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer about the side curtains....I would let them know that you are not happy about the way they have communicated with you. I suppose they have your business now so they aren't so concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning!!.... we are all still here for you Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bugger about the curtains…hope they not too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh stink about the ice cream what a shame I picked up a yonana on the weekend used 4 times for $15 the kids didn,'t like the texture I love it my friend has one... Fingers crossed about curtains etc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is annoying a out the archgola, hopefully it won't be too much longer! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could you mix the ice cream with plain vanilla?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.