Tuesday, February 17, 2015

MADE SOME WEEKEND PLANS

I did something last night that was long overdue.

I booked Stew and I into a Motel up North for this coming weekend!

Can you believe it?  We are going to have a KID. FREE. WEEKEND. AWAY!

This is will be the second time in ... ummm... 2 years?  3 years?  Clearly it's so long ago I can't freakin remember!

I can't wait.

AND I've booked a suite with a KING SIZE bed... cos well.... that's what we are used to, and anything smaller is usually uncomfortable.

Today?  I was told by one of the ladies I work with yesterday that our local Hospice shop has some fabric pieces for sale, so I'm going to hot foot it down there this morning to see if they have any left.
It's a long shot... they may have already gone, OR, they may be the wrong sort of fabric for what I do.  But it won't hurt to go look.

Once I've done that, I suppose I shall come home and get on with the sewing.

So... a kinda normal day.  YES.  Normal.  It does happen!

ONWARD...

I've done the 'rounds' of op shops this morning!
I went to our local Hospice shop and got these:


 ABOVE:  That is 4 packs of their fabrics.... I actually LEFT behind another 4-5 packs, cos they just didn't appeal.  Some of these fabrics I may never use.  But I got them 'just in case' I do need something like it.

Because I do a lot of applique', it's never a bad thing to have lots of small, odd pieces.

After our local, I decided to  visit the Hospice shop in Takanini....


 ABOVE:  where I got these treasures.  You can never have too much Tupperware, or melamine trays!  And that mirror is perfect for in my sewing room.  It tilts and swivels, so I can adjust it so I can see anyone coming into the room behind me. 

I can't count the number of times I've had the fright of my life when someone comes in and just taps me on the shoulder, or deliberately tries to scare me!  Grrrrr. Now I will see them coming better.

After Takanini, I went to Papakura, to the Salvation Army op shop, where I bought a cute Tupperware butter dish... only I left in in the next shop I visited!

Which was Fabricland in Papakura.  Where I bought this lot:


ABOVE: They have a big bin of fabric scraps, so I got 20 pieces for $15, and 2 fat quarters.  

So, as you can see, I've had a fun morning spending only a wee bit of money!  

What else can I do?  I've got no 'girlfriends' to visit and have a natter to.  *sigh*
How I miss that.  I wish it wasn't so, but it is.  Thank god for me blog... at least I do 'hear' from friends most days via comments!

I'm now off to have an early lunch, then do some sewing, and put away all those bits of fabric.

Ha ha!  Didn't do any sewing after all.  I had a nap!  I'm kinda bored I think.  Or just over shit and don't feel like doing much.
I hope this weekend perks me up.

I made the family pork chops, potato wedges and lettuce salad for dinner... it seems to be going down rather well.

My 'main' dinner was at lunch time, a stir fry of veges.

This evening I might make a start on the stitching of the seahorse wall hanging.   Maybe.

End of Day:  well it's obvious to me that I don't feel like sewing today!  I did none at all.  LOL
Whiled the evening away in front of the telly.  Totally lazy.
nite nite

15 comments:

  1. What a great bargain to add to your stash. I find fabrics I think are a bit uCK actually look beat in small pieces like scrap quilts. Wish we lived closer. Love to have coffee and a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, you've got some great fabric there! We still all love the wall hanging you made Corbin. It take pride of place in his room, but we are re-doing his furniture etc as he's moving into a Big Boy Bed soon. He still naps through the day (yay!!) so he's still in his cot at 4 1/2. We have a new chest of drawers for him as his current one is from my late mother and is all white and scrolly - not very masculine. We've had the room painted recently as all the paint was patchy and peeling and there was huge cracks in the walls - this house is over 100 years old. Well. This is a long old rave of a "comment" but I don't have many friends available for coffee's or chats either xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know where I live - you can always pop in you know (or text first to see if I'm here). I don't do quilting but you can still natter to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda, I do appreciate your offer. Next time I'm over trawling the shops in Onehunga I'll give you a call.

      Delete
    2. Or next time you just want to catch up! I have car, can travel :) It would be nice to catch up.

      Delete
    3. Cool! Will get in touch soon.

      Delete
  5. I just took a heap of clothes to the op shop and looked at the craft section. I got 2 hoops but no fabric. Maybe I have to look at the other op shops in town.
    Love your latest melamine tray, how many do you have now >
    I did see a nice blue and white bowl and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great haul you got today. I have never really thought about trawling the Op shops for fabric. If you ever want a buddy let me know-free most Tuesdays and Fridays. Have a fantastic weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene... I am free EVERY DAY except Monday afternoons and Friday mornings. How about we try to catch up on a Tuesday morning sometimes... maybe a walk around the Botanic Gardens and then here for a chat/coffee/diet coke? You have my number.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Typing didn't make sense!!! Have study day next Tuesday but maybe the following week

      Delete
  7. You got some great fabric bargains today! And op shop finds...hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bargain hunter you are and all that fabric what a score I love the mirror you have had a great day shopping well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love finding nice fabric at the hospice shop. I need to actually do something with all the pieces I've collected lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.