Sunday, March 23, 2014

RIGHT... MASSES OF PHOTOS TODAY...

Photos from yesterday, just going to bang them on here.... with not too many words.


 ABOVE: KIDS AREA.

 ABOVE:  RENA CLIMBING.

 ABOVE:  BLOWING OUT THE CANDLES.

 ABOVE:  BRYLEE, thought she was the shizz, but this one stumped her.  That's as far as she got.

 ABOVE:  GRIFFIN IN THE ADULT SECTION.

 ABOVE:  A CERTAIN LITTLE MISS MUPPET HAD A FANTASTIC TIME.

 ABOVE:  YEAH YEAH, MUCH EASIER.

 ABOVE: IN CASE YOU DIDN'T SEE IT YESTERDAY.  RENA'S 'WALL HANGING' ACTUALLY TURNED INTO A QUILT AND MATCHING PILLOW CASE.

 ABOVE:  THE 'ADULT' SIDE.

ABOVE:  TIRING WORK PLAYING.

 ABOVE:  MISS MUPPET, INTO EVERYTHING.

 ABOVE: ?  I HAVE NO WORDS.

 ABOVE:  "WHAT'S OVER THE FENCE?"

 ABOVE:  LET'S SEE....

 ABOVE:  Ahh Haa... IT'S ALLEN AND MELISSA.
SORRY FOR TAKING A PHOTO OF YOU IN YA PJ'S ALLEN!

Sunday:  really will be a day of rest around here.  I'm thinking of getting a little sewing done while Keera's asleep at midday.

Apart from that, who knows?

ONWARD...

HELLO!  I've been preoccupied all day!  Did some sewing, watched some telly, and now Kelly is straightening me hair.  Kelly and Rena are here for the day, leaving after dinner...


ABOVE:  Steve is cooking ravioli from scratch, he's putting beef/herb and garlic in them.
The girls are keeping themselves amused too.
Bex showed Kelly the basic steps of crochet. 
Let's see how well she goes at home!
You Tube has a ga-zillion tutorials, so I'm sure she will master it.

I have also been reading a bit more about my camera.  I'm hoping to actually get time to watch the DVD's it came with too.  
I have found though, that when I think I can devote a few hours to it, something else always comes along to stuff up me plans. 

FROGGY:  my main concerns right now are how do I get it to focus over a broad area, not just on the first 'thing' or 'person' in front of me?
AND how do I get videos to not be SO SHAKY?


 ABOVE:  the little footstool with a covering over it now.  I think it's cute as.  So is Dante.


ABOVE:  Sound asleep for ... oh ... about 5 minutes.  

FROGGY:  thanks, I'm off to check the book! 

End of Day:  a busy day!  Lots going on.  Keera was a delight to have, she's such a happy wee girl.
Time to wind down for the evening, I'm kinda tired ... didn't get to bed till well after midnight last night (my own fault).
nite nite

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a great time. That place looks amazing.
    I bet Rena had her lovely quilt on her bed last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The climbing place is SOOOOOOOOOOO cool don't ya think, Rena's quilt is amazing glad she loved it, LOVE the photo of Dante looking over the fence. And how gorgeous is your neighbour and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pics! The quilt turned out wonderfully!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Rena's quilt! You did an awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Happy Birthday to Rena...and those climbing things looked like so much fun! My kids and grands would love them! hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chris, Just catching up with your week and see the chair you were interested in having recovered. It is expensive having upholstery work done. I've had around a dozen chairs recovered over the past 20 years and love my antique collection of things I've acquired. My old upholster lives up Hill Road and does an amazing job. He works from home which would keep over heads down. I don't know what his rates are like these days but the last chair he did for me cost $550 which included the fabric at $80 a metre and was buttoned back so he had to make matching buttons with the same fabric. It might be worth getting another quote as $1000 sounds way over the top, I've never paid anywhere near that amount, most of my chairs have been between $400 - $650

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dammit! I always get halfway through typing something and Blogger deletes it and I have to start again! Okay, look for a function that says either steady shot, steady hand or something similar. That will help it when you are holding the camera, but if you are using the manual settings, you need to have a short shutter setting. Once it's open for more then a fraction of a second you need a tripod to stop movement. The steady shot function will help with normal hand movements etc when taking the picture. Look through your book for auto focus area. It should be under FUNCTION/AUTOFOCUS AREA. Find the one that says WIDE. That will make it focus on several points at a time instead of one area. Usually, when you hold the shutter button halfway, it will auto focus. If it's not focusing on exactly what you want, shift the camera slightly until it settles where you want it. This is particularly the case when you have something in the foreground that you want to focus on, and it wants to pick something behind, or vice versa. Have a practice with plants etc. Sometimes zooming in our out a little will help it find what you want it to focus exactly on. Hope this helps?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make really gorgeous kids and grandkids. And Froggy please start your blog up again I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun looking climbing place that looks like. Sounds like you've had a busy weekend so far but it also sounds like you've had a great time with family. If you ever need any camera advice don't hesitate to ask as I'm more than willing seeing as that's right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diet Coke!
    That is the coolest climbing wall. I have never seen one with the kiddy themes. Our climbing walls for kids just have more hand holds but certainly are not as cute as yours! I am glad you are loving McDreamy, that is nice. Especially after having such a nightmare with Lemony.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.