Friday, April 22, 2011

ONE MORE DAY OF RELATIVE PEACE

Today I AM  going to do some sewing!  I did NONE yesterday after thinking I would.  I did housework instead. 

I need a medal.  I've already got the chest to pin it on.

Tomorrow our Grandson Joshua and his brother Damien arrive from Whitianga.  Then any semblance of peace will be gone.
But I don't mind so much this visit as I have Steve to help entertain them all.

And I've got a really, really big bag of hand me down clothes for the boys too.... Griffin outgrows things so quickly!  It's good having kids to give them to and I know their Mum needs all the help she can get to clothe her 5 kids...4 of which are boys.

So... fingers crossed I get to have a nice day sewing....

ONWARD...

It has turned out to be a really blah day... cloudy and trying to rain.  I have done a bit of sewing, took up hems on 4 pairs of school trousers for the kids...sewed a few of my blue blocks... but really don't feel like doing much of anything at all.

AND I can't even go shopping as all the shops are closed.  Rats.

Stew is out doing the gardening, like probably 1.2 million other Kiwis!  It's kind of an Easter tradition... gardening!  lol
Anyway, as he was weeding he found a wee frog... so now we have a pet frog:


ABOVE: He/She is rather cute... it's a Golden Bell Frog... now we have to find food for 'it'.  Thankfully NO ONE has said "lets give it a name" yet....  and also... I'm wondering how long it will live in this house full of kids!

End of Day:  I've been sewing steadily all afternoon right into early evening... and have done about 15 blocks.  Thats good eh? 
DIET: bad
nite nite.

16 comments:

  1. Hand me downs are AWESOME! That is so nice of you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still on slow dial up BUT god give me strength I WILL comment!!!! Relaxing today I have earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say "hi". Not sure if I've left a comment before.

    I've been reading it for a few months now. Can't remember how I came across it. I love how you are so diligent with your blogging. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 boys!! My ONE boy wears the knees out of his pants before we can pass them on most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some days it is simply ment to not do a darn thing :) relax and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have proper housing for the frog else release it somewhere in the wild. They are not the easiest things to keep and they are becoming extinct. They love live flies but not ones that may have been contaminated with flyspray etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:56 PM

    release frog before it dies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:05 PM

    Please release the frog.

    It is not a domestically bred frog and it WILL die in that enclosure.

    Please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Awww, please let the little frog go back in the garden! :(

    I was so sad when I saw him - he looks frantic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:41 PM

    Yes, let the poor little frog go! You are no good at keeping fish! FREE THE FROG! WOMBAT

    ReplyDelete
  11. My wife is afraid of frogs, I don't know why.
    I think you should let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your busy weekend with the family. Use to be that everything was closed here on Good Friday as well. Now the shops only close on Easter Sunday. I'm heading out after work to get my groceries hopefully it won't be too painful. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on getting those blocks done! You were obviously rocking and rolling at the sewing thing.

    The frog is adorable but, I can't help thinking it is trying its hardest to get out of the container! Are you going to let it go?

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time visiting your blog . I felt an affinity with you right away--cottonreel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute frog. We use to have frogs in our pond. Their croaking drove me crazy so I had to move them to a nearby wetland.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.