Friday, March 12, 2021

AHHHHH, FRIDAY

Good morning!

It's going to be a lovely day.

Mostly because I don't have to cook dinner tonight.

We have been given a Dinner Voucher from Stew's sister, Khady.  A belated birthday present for Stew.  So tonight we are going to Lone Star for dinner.   I love their meals.  I almost always have their Loaded Hog, which is roast pork with stuffing, and a delicious side salad and chunky fries.  I'm drooling just thinking about it to be honest.

As for what I'm getting up to for the day?  Don't know.  I was thinking of taking a couple of days off doing jig saws and pulling some paper off walls.  

DAWN P:  In answer to your question about the painting on my wall... it was used in our home by a staging company, when we were selling our Auckland home.  I fell in love with it, so the lady sold it to me.   I just looked on the back of the painting, and it has a small sticker that says 'me&my trend', which is a company that used to be in Auckland selling homewares.  It's no longer operating under that name.  Bearing in mind I've had the painting for about 5 years, I doubt it's still available.

ABOVE: I enjoy leaning out of the lounge window to watch our fish.  The new 4 seem to have settled in well... the three little ones are certainly frisky little buggers.

ABOVE: On my windowsill.  So very pretty.  The amazing blue, shiny rock is a Labradorite.  I don't remember the names of the other two.  I like things arranged in three's.  

So.  If I can get one large wall stripped of paper, I might go down and get a couple of test pots of paint.  It would be nice to actually settle on a colour, instead of staring at samples pinned to the wall forever.

THEN I might be more motivated to actually get the walls stripped and ready for painting, instead of procrastinating.  Shit I procrastinate A LOT. 


I hope I'm not the only one!

Right, off to start the day.
Catch ya later.


9.15 am:  Lacy has come over to give me a hand with stripping paper.
I've taken paintings and so on off the walls in part of the family room, and the hallway.  It looks naked.



ABOVE:  The first strip coming off.  It WOULD have all come off in one go ... except there was a little nail in the wall, so it broke near the top.  
Lacy INSISTED I tell you that.   I might add, the next strip is coming off in multiple pieces.  lol


11.38 am: Well it's such a good day!  Lacy and I are powering through the wallpaper stripping.

I don't think we will get the entire hallway done today, I'm starting to flag a bit.

The paper in the hallway is different from in the family room, it was not coming off well at all.
It's a vinyl paper, so even though I thought it wouldn't work, I tried wetting it to help get it off.
And dang!  It worked!  Weird, vinyl paper doesn't usually absorb water?  But I'll take it.  It's still harder to get off than the other stuff, but it IS coming off.

The sun is shining, so all the washing is getting dry.  
I've done all the swimming towels, like over a dozen of them!
Lacy has gone out to get us some lunch.  Yummy club sandwich for me.

ABOVE:  Making steady progress.  I'm knackered already!  Lacy is still going...



AND hey you fullas!  I was working my guts out stripping wallpaper too.  It wasn't just Lacy.  Pfffft.

It's now time I stopped pulling MORE PAPER OFF on my own, and get ready to go out to dinner. 

ABOVE:  Cheers.  We had a wonderful dinner!  My 'Loaded Hog' was perfect. Stew had a steak which he declared delicious too.

ABOVE:  Lone Star, Rototuna.  We highly recommend the place.

ABOVE:  Our dinners.  Stew had a side of mushrooms with his steak. 
Definitely one of our favourite restaurants, and it's just down the road from our home.

Time to sign off for the day, and just chill out in me lazy boy chair.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking your art piece for me, Chris. Yeah, I suspect I won't be able to find that exact canvas but I did find that 'me&mytrend' has been a new name, etc but also different products. But I will keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hell No! You are not the only one! (procrastinator)
    Enjoy your dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiwionholidays10:55 AM

    What a fabulous daughter Lacy is arriving just in time to help with the wallpaper stripping, It’s not the most pleasant job but the satisfaction at the end is Choice,,

    Love you guys enthusiasm,

    It’s catching,,,

    Enjoy the dinner tonight at HB got us here drooling as well,,
    Have a neat day

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Procrastination is my middle name! After 18 months of living with no light in the rumpus room I finally bought some fittings yesterday! Hopefully it won't take another 18 months to get them installed. Peeling wall paper is like peeling sunburn! Very satisfying.
    Enjoy your dinner. We are going away for a few days next week and all I can think about is where we will eat. Sad, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:20 PM

    I didn’t realise that you had wallpaper on those walls. Great that something is going right for you ❤️
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need Lacy at my home. She is such a wonderful helper for you. Dinner tonight sounds really nice for you two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandi xx
      #Lacy 💙

      Delete
  7. I am the queen of procrastination - upstairs bathroom reno'd 2 years ago - still not painted! That is after approximately 10 years of having a hole in the wall where a pipe had been repaired - so yeah - you are a bloody machine compared to me :-)

    Reckon you could hire Lacy out lol. She is a bloody good worker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Tracy xx

      #Lacy 💙

      Delete
  8. Anonymous1:57 PM

    I wet wallpaper with a spray bottle then use a scraper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that is exactly what we did.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous2:57 PM

    I was given a wooden plaque by a friend (who obviously knows me well!) that’s says “I used to just be a crastinator, but I’m so good at it that I’m now a pro”.
    I steam wallpaper off - it’s very satisfying, even if I look kind of moist myself, after!
    MrsFwith4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum i love lonestar - enjoy!

    Go Lacy you machine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol think im a machine, you should of seen my Ma, that woman i tell ya 60+ and up amd down a ladder stripping wall paper.
      Shes didnt stop either till the hall way was done, wasn't just me xx

      Thank you for the comment tho xx
      #Lacy 💙

      Delete
  11. Hey i have said you slogged youre ass off aswell, and till the end xx chill miss Fire Protector Lady lol 😂 🤣 💙🔥💋
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you start again after i left.....
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg so have just rang Ma asking if she started again after i left....and she said um only a little bit lol then said 'hey listen' so I'm listening amd hear her stripping paper off walls 🤦 lol
    My Ma is the Machine xx
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the wallpaper removal. You dinner looks yummy. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is crazy they put white wall paper up. Does it have any print at all? I still need to take the wall paper off in my bedroom. I put it up myself though in 1999 lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.