Saturday, January 14, 2017

PRETTY?

Keera got tired of dressing her dolls yesterday.


ABOVE:  So poor Tallulah got 'dressed' too.
I saved the dog before she died of heat exhaustion.
Not long after, Keera packed a mental and ended up in bed early, the long, hot afternoons are getting to everyone.

Today is supposed to be the same, then tomorrow some relief with, (predicted), wet weather on the way.  Yaaaa.

As for today... meh.  Don't know.  I will probably paint the next batch of backing boards for the ink painting.  

Maybe Stew has some ideas for the day?  Time will tell...

ONWARD...

Oh yeah... what do ya think of this one?...


ABOVE:  I did this one the other night, and just love it. YES, it's bloody blue, but still ... so cool!

1.26 pm:  So we have stayed home and just chilled.
I've made a few more tiles:





ABOVE:  The first one is going to be a painting, the next three will be trivets.  

NO, I won't be making coasters, tile or patchwork.  Too many people make coasters to sell already.


Stew is out mowing the lawns, it's stinkin' hot.  I've not ventured outdoors at all.
I've got several more tiles framed ready for sale, and about 4 more drying, they will be trivets.

And I'm not making any more till after my stall.  No point making any more, in case they don't sell.

Stew has sorted dinner for today.  Sausages on the BBQ, home made coleslaw and home made potato salad.  What a man.  He cooks at least one night a week so I'm thankful for that.

Bedtime early tonight, I'm so tired!
Dinner was lovely btw, Stew did a good job.

27 comments:

  1. Omg Tallulah looks gorgeous! I prefer the colours in the other files but I know you absolutely love blue. Maybe that is the one you keep? So have you tried them as trivets yet? I would like one if you have....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can tell I'm on my phone with the auto correct!!! TILES

      Delete
    2. Meh.... I will put one on the bench TODAY and give it a whirl. I'm sure they will be just fine as trivets, as long as ya don't drop something heavy on them! I'm putting cork tile on the back of the trivet tiles. There will be some small ones and bigger ones, prices still to be determined, but I'm thinking $10 small and $15 big.

      Delete
    3. Am definitely interested still! Will you be doing coasters too?

      Delete
  2. I love the blues👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wish we had a heat problem here on the west coast so much rain it's hard to believe it's summer. We have had the fire going and the summer clothes have had very little wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair and the tile. The tile works because of the green blobs, makes you look more closely and appreciate the whole tile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blue one, it looks stunning. Gary is away for a couple of weeks from Monday so I might do a sneaky day trip and come to the fair to see you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be utterly cool! We could sneak away midday and have lunch... I've got plenty of 'helpers'. *smiles*

      Delete
    2. It's a date :-)

      Delete
    3. WHOOP WHOOP!!!

      Delete
  6. I love your tiles especially the green ones but they're all gorgeous. I dreamt about your sale last night and it was really successful. I was staying with you and working at Hamilton??? Go figure. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have weird dreams mate. lol

      Delete
    2. That was a good one.sometimes they're so weird I wake up and don't want to Shut my eyes again. Lol

      Delete
  7. How cute is that. Glad to hear you came to the rescue. In answer to your questions about snow removal. About 90% of us on the street use this service. They only pass when it snows over 5cm. No one has time to shovel the driveway and get to work. Let alone come back from work and have to dig out to park. Snow is extremely heavy more often than not. I will try and get a video for you next time it storms. Enjoy the heat. -20C expected here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are getting some great colour combinations going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:05 PM

    The tiles are amazing. Good luck with yoyr stall. I would certainly buy some!
    Michelle from Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:19 PM

    I would love to see them as part of a mosaic! mixed with some plain coloured tiles and mirror.
    Cranks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the blue tile. It makes me think of outer space. I'm sure you will do really well at your sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that! I have named all my tiles 'Galaxy' number 1,2,3,etc etc.

      Delete
  12. I wish we had people making coasters near us ... I've been looking for some for ages. The only ones I have found are the cheap and nasty looking glass ones in the $2 shops, the Jasons ones or the NZ-themed souvenir ones. We have had two of our coasters break so only have two left. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you want patchwork ones or tile ones ya poor bugger? I will make you some if you want.

      Delete
  13. Anonymous11:12 PM

    Love the new tiles very striking.. It has been unbearably hot here today.. A lake kinda day It's me Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What's with the grumpy looking lion cub?.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's all so very beautiful. If you did make stuff to sell, it is prolly the prettiest stuff out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scott is only working 3 days a week now so cooking on the 2 he's off. Nice to get a break!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.