Wednesday, July 17, 2024

QUILTING AND BINDING TODAY


 Today my plan is to quilt and bind these:


ABOVE:  These three runner tops.  Quilting and binding them will probably take me several hours.

Once I have done them, I am going to have a walk on our treadmill.

Then it will probably be well after lunchtime... so I will stop for a late lunch.

After that... I might venture out to find that rain jacket.   edit:  ya know what?  I've lived till 65 WITHOUT a rain jacket/coat!  I don't care if I get wet.  I'm not going to buy one, or a smaller umbrella.  I can take a second sweatshirt to change into if I do get wet on a walk.

Just saved myself $100 - $200 bucks!  

Fabric money  😂😅😊

ONWARD...

It is almost midday.

And I have spent the last three hours doing shit I had no intention of doing today.

WTF?  I decided to rearrange the pantry and organise the laundry better!

I had two tiered rack type things I had used to display the Britto in the 2nd China Cabinet.  I didn't want to 'waste' them.

So I had a bright idea to use them in the pantry for the tinned food.


ABOVE:  It does look better, easier to see what's there.  But did it need to take me TWO FREAKIN' HOURS???

The laundry just got tidied up, lots of bottles of cleaners were sorted out, chucked out and so on.  It looks much better too.  Lacy gets to actually 'CLEAN' that area next week.  

ABOVE:  I just had a parcel arrive.  I'm like, I don't remember ordering anything?

Can you BELIEVE IT?   It's only the screws to secure the Induction Cooktop to the bench!

In a box, INSIDE a  big box with polystyrene and heavy paper to 'protect' them screws!

And they only took two months to arrive from Auckland.  I could have WALKED there and back in the time it took them to send them to me.

OUTRAGEOUS.   But, oh well... at least I now have said screws.

I am now going to take a break, have me lunch then FINALLY get into the sewing room. 😂


ABOVE:  Well, I got two of the Braid Runners finished this afternoon.  One left, which I will get done tomorrow.

Stew arrived home, and we decided to go to Lone Star for dinner.


ABOVE:  Waling through the shopping block, heading to Lone Star, and we passed The Honest Butcher shop.  I screeched to a stop and said "Let's go look".

So we looked.

ABOVE: Whoops!  Ended up buying a week's worth of meat.  Lucky it is a bloody cold evening, cos we could just put the meat in the car, and then have dinner.

Dinner was very average.  We have decided Lone Star is probably not somewhere we will go again... added to the meal being average, they have had a big price jump across the board.
Sad really, because we used to really like Lone Star.

We are home now, and are just going to chill out, 'n' watch some mindless TV till bedtime.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Me too...im not a rain jacket kinda girl mostly cause of the noise they make when ya moving. FELICITY

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL on the jacket! One time I was like why do I not have an umbrella as an adult? My daughter bought me one for Christmas and it mostly lives in the car. Everytime I had one the kids would break it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:32 PM

    Geez that is so bad getting the screws 2 months later. What happened to the days they used to selotape them underneath lol. The pantry looks wicked now. I've got some of those racks. But I don't have as much food as you lol. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you procrastinating for some reason? I usually do that sort of shit when it is time to do some unpleasant task, like the taxes......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You clever tart! I was procrastinating. I hate doing the quilting and binding. *sigh* I'm knee deep in it now...

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Can I borrow Lacy for awhile ?
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:45 PM

    You could just get on of those cheap plastic ponchos..that fits in your pocket just in case....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:24 PM

      Maybe a moderate quality foldable poncho is a good idea. It could live in your car for rain emergency. Pull on over whatever you are wearing. It would not be hot.
      Vickie

      Delete
  7. Nice you're all stocked up on meat! We have about 3 places we go to eat now and 2 are chain restaurants.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.