Sunday, July 28, 2024

FABULOUS FABRIC

 


Today will be a 'family' day.

We are expecting Lacy and Keera to visit, as well as Steve, Bex and their children.

I have tracked down some fabric I want more of, so mid-morning I'm off to pick it up.  It's gunna cost me several hundred dollars, but it is fabric that will be used for years to come, and it doesn't 'GO OFF' eh?  lol

Jezzzz I love fabric!   Finding fabric that you KNOW is no longer being made is the best thing ever.  I think I am very lucky to have found it in fact.  It's sold out almost everywhere already.

Apparently the manufacturer's (of this fabric),  only do a 'run' of 800 metres of each fabric they produce.  HOW RUDE!   I've been caught out like that before, wanting more of a particular fabric, only to find it's no longer produced.

So, I'm gunna grab all I can of this fabric while I can.

ABOVE:  Last night I said I wouldn't bother showing you this one, cos it's very similar to the last one... but MEH.  I have to share!  😂😊

And... that's me for now.  I'll catch ya later.

ONWARD...

10.30 am, and I've just spent two hours bathing the girls, then myself, then cleaning the bathroom, the vanity room and the loo.  

We all all lovely and clean again, smelling pretty.

It will only be a few days and both those dogs will be smelly again, it's just that time of the year.



ABOVE:  A wee video of Marley, before I bathed her.  She's so sad.

12.30 pm:  And we are home from a lovely excursion.
First up was the fabric shop, where we got the fabric I went for.

ABOVE: I'm so happy I secured pretty much the last of it in the country.

ABOVE:  Of course I found a few more I wanted.

ABOVE: And this!   I have NO IDEA what I shall do with it, but I saw it and just had to get it.

ABOVE:  After fabric shopping, we ended up at Chartwell Square.  Stew found some new work shirts... cos let's get real.
He's gunna have to keep working for a long time to keep up with my spending habits!

Just Joking... the man can stop work whenever he wants, and we would be just fine.

ABOVE: Lunch, and Stew had the 'Big Breakfast', and I had a chicken filo and salad.

What a wonderful morning!   Getting the girls bathed was a huge TICK for me.  New fabric, another TICK.   Now?
Relax till family show up.

FAMILY CAME, they all watched a movie, which I didn't want to watch as it was a 'shoot em up bang bang', which I'm not interested in.
So I made another runner top!

Once the movie was finished, I spent some time with everyone.
PHOTOS:

ABOVE: The only way to get a half decent photo of this kid is to take it when he's not aware!




ABOVE: Steve sucks at taking photos!  9/10 are blurry.  Stew does the same thing too.




ABOVE:  Lily really loves the dogs... and is now at the stage where she wants to scrag them.
Best to keep the baby away from the dogs.. they are not used to having their hair pulled.  😊

Stew and I  have had a lovely, quiet evening, just watching the TV.  We'll be off to bed soon, so... Catch Ya Tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I like it!! I love fabric... i could open a shop...yet i haven't actually sewn since Paige was little... and now she's at university!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:20 AM

    Runner too busy for me Chris, May have said before I’m a less is more person. (FRom someone who can’t take up a hem). Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda12:11 PM

    The runners look lovely - bright and happy. Hope you are feeling better now and enjoy your lovely family today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:59 PM

    That Free Spirit Bloom fabric (the giant flowers) was thinking a swath of it tacked over canvass then hung as a picture would be absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays4:11 PM

    So happy that you’re having a fabulous weekend there as we are here
    Just wanna say about the Kiwiana fabric etc ,that to be able to sew that fabric for yourself and others to enjoy is brilliant,
    Such a talent ,,
    The stuff you bought is WOW and well worth the cash 💰

    So many beautiful things that you can enjoy in NZ and appreciate,🥝💐🏉🛍️🎣👍💯
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Lovely fabric and runners....happy family...Lily is growing up so quickly and is so cute...everyone looks well and Stew's shirts look good....my husband is now retired, we both are....nice to be retired and still young!!!! lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Lovely photo of keera and Lacey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The big flower print is gorgeous.
    What a score getting that fabric good on you.
    Lily is so adorable and beautiful 😍.
    Keera is getting taller and taller by the day.
    My BFF daughter had a baby yesterday named her Brylee x
    8lb 3 1.32am she’s a first time nana… so happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:08 PM

    Love the runner and the fabrics. The kids are growing so fast. What's 2 fingers stand for Keera? I see it used all the time. She is a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my 'day' two fingers meant a certain thing. Now days? Not so sure if it's the same or something different.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous10:31 PM

    I think it is a peace sign - all our Asian homestays did it in their photos. Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.