Monday, July 08, 2024

HOUSE? OR NO?

 


I only have two things on my agenda today.

One is to pop into The Base and get a repeat prescription.

Two is to sew runners.

ABOVE:  This is the second little House Braid Runner.  It's not finished yet.  

ABOVE:  This is the house I was thinking of putting on it... BUT... the more I looked at it, the more I thought...  I won't add it.  It's just a bit much, and the runner is going to be gorgeous on it's own I think.

I'm glad I kept looking at it, with and without the house.  If in doubt, don't, is always my 'motto'.

Who agrees?  House on, or not?

And that is me for now.  I'm off to do all the usual Monday morning things, then go to the chemist, bla bla bla.

ONWARD...

It is now 11.40 am, and I've been out and about.

AND, I've just finished the next House Braid Runner.

ABOVE:  I did not add the larger house.  It looks fabulous!  I also decided not to do the pointy ends... they are a right bitch to get looking good with the binding!


ABOVE:  The other thing I did do thought was give the little black house a blue roof, to tie it into the rest of the runner a bit more.  I think it looks cute.

And Now I'm off to visit my neighbour with the barking dog...  More on that shortly.

Back from my neighbour's house.  I don't know if I've mentioned it or not?  Since I complained about her dog barking EVERY DAY, sometimes for hours on end, suddenly... NO MORE BARKING!

I've only heard him once or twice in the past FIVE WEEKS, certainly no more than that.

ABOVE:  I am so happy about that, you have no idea.  So I cooked a batch of cheese scones this morning and took them over to her.  With a really beautiful THANK YOU card, just expressing our appreciation for her controlling her dog's barking.

I didn't ask her how she did it, and the dog was still in the house, so she hadn't got rid of him, which I was worried about.

I did have to laugh though... her house is like Fort Knox, dog barriers stopping said dog from getting into stuff!  It looked like MY house.

We have to stop the dogs getting into some places, as Marley is a bloody menace and will nick whatever she can and take off with it.  To chew it to death.

So anyway, I feel like I've done my bit towards being a nice neighbour.

And now it's 12 noon, and I'm going to make some lunch.  Probably a ... cheese scone! lol

STOP saying 'Sorry' about not liking the bigger house on the runner!  I had already decided it wasn't any good.... so you are  not upsetting me!

I've had an interesting afternoon, watching the fog all day get a little lighter, then come down again with a vengeance by 4 pm.  So. Literally foggy ALL DAY HERE.

ABOVE:  I have started another runner, this time in a colour way I've not tried before.  Black/White and Green.   That's a sneak peek at it.

I should get it finished tomorrow, then you will see all of it.  Isn't the little green tree so cute!

Putting the blue roof on the black house gave me the idea to do something similar on this one. Don't worry, there isn't a BIG green tree anywhere.  😂😉😅

WHOOPS, I nearly buggered off to bed without signing off!  

21 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44 AM

    Love the blue runner. With or without the house. I like the positioning of the house on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:44 AM

    That’s Sue in Hamilton Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. No house on THAT runner. It takes away from the other house. But you could make a runner that has one of your houses instead of the fabric printed house. I guess what I mean is, one or the other - not both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:52 AM

    No house for me. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry no house for me either. It is a beautiful runner with the blue added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:49 AM

    I think the house in the middle is sufficient. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:24 AM

    No extra houses sorry

    ReplyDelete
  8. no house on the runner

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was really nice of you to let the neighbor know that you appreciate her effort. So many times it stops at the complaint. That was sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes the blue runner is
    Perfect.
    That’s good news about the dog win win

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda1:46 PM

    Absolutely love that runner, I’m sure it will sell very quickly. Lovely gesture to thank your neighbour and let her know how appreciative you were for her controlling her dog’s barking. Win for you, the dog and your neighbour having those lovely scones delivered to her 💕💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Love the tiny house with the blue roof, perfect.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kiwionholidays2:56 PM

    Love the runner and a no to the House in answer to the heading ,
    What a nice thing to do with the neighbour,

    Well done you , Credit where Credits Due, The old saying is helpful to your happiness as well as theirs

    Have a nice afternoon what’s left of it there, we’re gonna have a late lunch soon on a cool cloudy day 💯☕️

    The scones look delicious 👍☕️🏉

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Definite no on the house from me but up to you GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:08 PM

    I’m another no to the big house, sorry

    ReplyDelete
  16. The blue roof on the black house looks great and that greeny runner is awesome.
    Good on you for the scones. We should all be like that , not just complaints. I wonder how she keeps the dog quiet. But any way, you no longer have fraught nerves.....over that .
    Gosh your scones look so good. I really must make some one day. It's been years and they're so easy..........in my memory

    ReplyDelete
  17. The little pops of colour are great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9:36 PM

    Love the colours Chris. And those scones look delicious. Wish I was your neighbour! You are so kind.to everyone, not just that lady. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very nice saying that... but let me assure you, I am NOT PERFECT. I can be a right crabby tart when I'm annoyed! And I can be quite scathing to anyone who gets up my nose. I don't suffer fools too well either! But I do know how to be nice/polite/kind/loving when it is called for. lol We are all multifaceted people.

      Delete
  19. You made the right choice on the big house. :-) Those colors would work in my house.....just sayin' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo that green looks fun! That was super nice of you to take the neighbor a thank you! I'm glad she finally stopped it from going crazy barking. Fog is so depressing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.