Wednesday, July 31, 2024

SORRY, NOT SORRY

 


I will be doing some housework first thing today, then moving into the sewing room to sew.

Just a normal day around here.

I am expecting a parcel to arrive from Spotlight today, an order of plain black fabric.  I wanted two full bolts, not 'parts of bolts' from the actual shop.

With the fabric I've bought lately, the batting yesterday, and the black fabric today, I am set for a few months thankfully.

So friends, I'm sorry to say today is going to be quiet here.  

I forgive you all for not bothering to leave a comment.  

ABOVE:  I am not a cat person.  This was on Facebook yesterday, I had to share it.
Sorry, not sorry.

ABOVE: Steve sent me this photo of Lily, taken yesterday afternoon.  She's sitting in the car, waiting for her brothers to come out of school.   FYI: the car was parked, not moving and Bex was beside her.

ONWARD...

I'm in the sewing room by 8 am this morning.  Happily sewing along, when an email comes in.

It's the daily Spotlight email, advising me of their latest sale.

Like ... they have a sale EVERY DAY!

But, I scroll through anyway.

And this is what I see:

ABOVE: The wadding I bought, at FULL PRICE yesterday, is now on sale for 40 % OFF.

I literally felt sick.

That is a huge saving, and one that they hardly ever do.  Like maybe once a year if you are lucky.

So, I immediately put that wadding I bought yesterday for $750 BACK IN MY CAR, and took it straight back to the shop.

Where they very kindly refunded the purchase price, then I RE-purchased it for the sale price.

A HUGE saving of $300!

I am so thankful they let me do that, as it is not a guarantee they will.  

Of course, I'm bound to spend that $300 in their shop soon enough.  😉😊

I am now back home, waiting for my black fabric (from Spotlight) to get delivered some time today.

Onward... back to me sewing.

ABOVE:  Out my window today, such a nicer view than yesterday!


ABOVE:  12.50 pm, and I've made two braid runner tops so far today.

I'm now taking a lunch break, before coming back to make at least one more.

6.46 pm:  Don't go thinking I had a 5+ hour lunch break!  I didn't.

I have been sewing all afternoon, and I got two more Braid Runner tops made.

I will show them to you tomorrow, cos I need something for tomorrow's post eh?  😃😂

Stew and I just had corned beef for dinner, it was slowly cooking in the crock pot all day.  It was delicious.

Now?

Time to wind down and just enjoy the evening together.

Catch you tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. What a happy baby girl!
    I am working with fabric today. You would not believe how clueless I am. I need to cut strips on a BIAS. How does one layout the fabric to do that? I am trying to make fabric wrapped balls (cracked pickleballs). I already have a blister wound from a hot glue gun burn. Now I want to use a friendly room temperature glue. This should be easy peasy... And yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily is the cutest! Just a smile from that little girl can get someone from grumpy to happy. I went for a walk today. I wish I had a group like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura9:48 AM

    Hi Chris,
    I've been kind of hesitant to leave comments after what happened when I commented on the "WOW" post. I don't want to be misunderstood by anyone again.
    On a different note, Lily is one amazing baby!! She is so beautiful and looks like she'd be so cuddly! What a doll. And speaking of dolls, I can't believe how grown up Keera is already!! I still think she would be great as a model because of her beautiful face and height. She and Lacy look so much alike in the pictures you posted. You are a lucky grandma! My 17 year old grandson ran way from home with his girl friend last week and I'm a nervous wreck over that! I wish I could enjoy doing some sewing or my crafts or just being a grandma instead of letting worry take over my life. I never thought that being a grandma would include so much heartache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear you are going through some family angst. We all do, and we all eventually move on from it, be it better or worse. That is life. Our Griffin ran away from home at 17 as well... he learnt some hard life lessons and is better for them now. Kids will do whatever they want at the end of the day, we can only stand back and be there for them if/when they need us. Hang in there Chick, and don't let the worry ruin your life... cos in a year from now you might look back and realise that 'it' wasn't that bad after all. I can think of way worse things that can happen!

      Delete
  4. Leeann11:29 AM

    Wow I didn't know spotlight would refund like that, very happy for you! PS that photo of you is really great, you should print it out for the wall. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you for going back to Spotlight! Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOO HOO! So happy they honored the sale price in a round about sort of way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you still loving that strip cutting gadget? Could you cut LONG strips with it? Do you slide it up - is it hard to match up the strips if you do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It is still amazing to use. In order to cut longer strips, you have to fold the fabric. No, sliding it up would not work.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous3:44 PM

      Oh! Folding! Duh!

      Delete
  8. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Such a darling baby pic!

    Love the runners.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a cat person and that photo is spot on. Maybe that's why I am a cat person!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Lily is adorable Chris, I melt at every photo. Good on you for going back to Spotlight, I am totally that person, one of my life rules is “if you don’t ask, you don’t get”. And look what happened, amazing!! Imagine feeling so damn sick over this, when a simple small sentence can save you so much angst. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:56 PM

    Here it is near 7pm and I just realised I havnt had my crabby tart fix for the day. I've been in my card room merrily making cards. Might go back for an hour or so make another one before bed. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  12. On yesterdays post I love the braid, wave, Xmas, and wonky houses, also the fat ladies lol.
    Todays runners very nice too love the colours.
    Lily that smile what a room stopper gorgeous.
    What a huge saving good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got a refund on the purchase. Have fun with your treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.