Saturday, October 22, 2016

LABOUR WEEKEND

It's a long weekend here.  Steve took ages to get here last night, getting out of Auckland is a nightmare when every other man and his dog is trying to do the same thing.

At least he got here OK.

I've got a few cute photos of the kids from yesterday afternoon.  I had turned on the irrigation system:


ABOVE:  The water proved irresistible to the kids.


ABOVE:  I even managed to catch the rainbow produced from the spray and sunshine. 


ABOVE:  They all managed to get wet, though Archer got super wet.


ABOVE:  Don't they look happy!  
Little imps, the lot of them.


ABOVE:  These two get on like a house on fire.  It's so sweet to see them playing together.

I'm waiting for the sun to come out to get an 'After' photo of the new corner garden.  I'm just SO happy with how it's come out.

In the meantime, I've got heaps of housework to get done.  I also want to pop into town to get some backing fabric for Keera's quilt.  I was going to use some bubble type polar fleece, but I don't have enough.  

The guys will be working on the deck today... rain or shine I think.  Griffin is helping too... he's really enjoying doing it too.  Building could end up being his trade one day, ya never know.

Right, enough for now, I've got stuff to be getting on with.

ONWARD...



ABOVE:  It will look even better once the plants/tree grow.
I chose that tree as it is weeping, and has very soft foliage.  It's deciduous, so won't shade the house in winter either.  


ABOVE:  Of course, I just had to titivate the corner.  Loving the chain!

The rest of the day was spent doing some housework, some sewing, having a nap, and checking out Steve's job and how it's going.

I made ham burgers for dinner, and we all sat around the BBQ table and enjoyed the late afternoon sun.

The guys are watching friggin rugby tonight, so I shall be doing more sewing.  

9 comments:

  1. Sorry Chris I missed wish u a hapy birthday the one ra I don't get to read ya blog. Glad u had a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chris. Those kids are just Devine but how are you going to cope with 3 more teenagers again??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well those three are a way off being teenagers, and they won't be living with us, they will be with their parents. And I actually LIKE teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I like teenagers too - well I like mine & most of their friends :-)

      Delete
  4. The kids are certainly having fun-so good to have the backyard for them to run in. Your parsley etc is growing well. Love the look of the new garden. Hope you enjoyed your evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful the corner is. Was that Archer heading to pick an onion???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss checking your blog one day and miss your birthday! Happy Birthday for yesterday, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good points! I just love the cheeky looks on their faces. You and Stew will be able to sit back and watch the 'Teen Show' from a distance :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids and water who can resist that backyard of yours is like a treasure trove the kids over summer are going to SO enjoy it the corner garden looks fab.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.