Saturday, September 15, 2012

STARTING TO GET READY!

We are getting there!
A couple of nights ago Steve put the whelping pen together:

ABOVE:  the whelping pen in place... and both dogs already like being in it.  They are loving catching the late afternoon sun in comfort.

ABOVE: see, both dogs in there!  Sadly, Teddy is going to get short shift once the pups are born because Coco will growl him if he comes anywhere near her babies! 
Normally Teddy is 'Top Dog' around here... but Coco becomes the dominant dog when she has pups to look after.
It's quite amazing to see her stand up to Teddy.... I can't wait!

So, it's the weekend, and for the first time in a very long time, it's just Me, Brylee and Griffin home.
Stew is still in Christchurch and Steve and Bex are in Hamilton.
So, the day is all ours, to do whatever we want. Hmmm... what to do, what to do?

As per usual for me, I changed my mind overnight, and decided the Whelping pen needed to be in a more 'quite' place; away from the kids in the family room. So... I moved it...


ABOVE:  this is a much better place.. where I can keep an eye on her and she's away from the kids.  Happy now.
Just hope she doesn't go into labour on Tuesday night!  I'm going to Hamilton for Amanda's next scan... that will be so exciting!
Hopefully they will find out 'what' they are having! Then this Grandma can start on a cot quilt for No# 12!

Missing my Darling Stew today... we always spend the weekends together.

The day started out so nice, the sun was shining and we had a bit of wind, but nothing too bad.
Now?  Blowing a gale and raining, cold too.  I've just turned the heater on, I'm that cold.

It didn't help being down in the garage sewing either... I just got colder and colder until I gave in and came back up and sat in front of the heater. 

The kids and I are having dinner at Lacy's tonight... I'm looking forward to seeing Miss Muppet again.

HEADS UP:  I will be doing a little 'competition' starting Monday and ending on Thursday... it is similar to last year's one.
-Guess when puppies arrive.
-Guess how many puppies.
-Guess how many girls/boys.

The person with THE MOST correct guesses wins a prize... which will be determined later!  It might just be a 'surprise' prize... no telling what it will be till the winner gets it!

End of Day:  dinner at Lacy's was nice... Miss Muppet is getting cuter by the day.
2nd night in a row I've had a sick headache.... I think it might be caused by eye strain from all the sewing?
Not sure.  Thank goodness for pills!
nite nite.

5 comments:

  1. you are so busy and now puppies. is it really worth it to do this do you make any money? I'm not being smart I need to make some money doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwww the dogs look so settled poor Teddy he will get short shift alright, let me Guess Kiwi yo sewing maybe you and Brylee could sew, then you and Griffin could do something.

    Have a nice day whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you find something fun to do with B and G! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Stew is missing you too. We are freezing. Day started well but now John is getting organised to light the fire. I hope! Our son's wife is still in her T-shirt with short sleeves and calling us northerners whimpy!!!

    I wouldn't survive here without thermal long johns.

    It will seem strange being home without your man.

    Take care. Blessings.





    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you find something to do on the weekend to take your mind off Stew being gone.

    The cold weather has to stop soon, surely?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.