Friday, February 06, 2009

FRIDAY AND IT'S A HOLIDAY

Public holiday... so we are out and about, got to exchange Stew's new shirt today, as I thought, it doesn't fit him. Grrrrr. And it was on sale so we can't get a refund, will have to spend the equivalent in the shop. That's Ok ....

Got a few other little jobs I want to get done today... but nothing major. Stew will be pleased ....

The lounge.. is colourless... or should I say... neutral with blue accents.. well I love blue (who didn't know this?), but I feel it NEEDS some more colour... so that's what I am going to work on this weekend. Perking it up a bit.
It's only a small room so I can't go mad, just some accents in other colours I think.

That's about it for now... ONWARD...

NOLA... this is just for you:



This is the candle I used all night to keep the mozzies at bay... as you can see it was quite safe! Enclosed in it's own pottery bowl and sitting on another pottery dish and nowhere near anything likely to catch fire. I WAS AWARE of the dangers of having a candle burning all night in the bedroom mate............. but just for you today I will try and find something less DANGEROUS. (thanks for caring though!)


We have been out all day! My feet are killing me, wore the wrong shoes. *sigh* Returned the shirt and got another one that fits me man's 'manly' chest (snigger)... had lunch at the foodcourt... I got chinese and only ate about 1/3rd of it.. it just wasn't that nice. I think I am finally over chinese takeaways. This is good.

Got a few groceries ... bought some candles for the lounge to 'colour it up'...



I also tried finding some new cushion covers to no avail. I might even make my own if I can't find some I really love.

Stew and I are going to the movies tonight! JUST US, no kids. My Aunt and Uncle offered to babysit, so of course we jumped at the chance! This will be the SECOND time this year we have gone out without them! SHIT A BRICK that is almost a record!!!

We are going to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I think that's what it's called anyway! Brad Pitt....*drooling* ...

YOOOO HOOOO Nola, will ya shut up now???

THEY. BETTER. WORK.

End of Day: it's 12.09 am.. going to bed... the movie was....so-so. nite nite.

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fantastic day out and about. I think some accents of colour sound great for a smallish space, not too overpowering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I DO CARE ya farking tart!!!! But still find something else!!!!! What if you had a nightmare or got carried away in the throws of passion and the pillow or a pair of undies flew across the room and landed on the candle and you didn't notice!!!!!!!??.....Didn't think of THAT did ya!!!??? lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wasn't what I was thinking of.....but that will do ya tart!!! I hope they work!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you like the movie. It's kinda depressing, but ya gotta love Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a lovely night tonight Chris. Enjoy. You deserve some time out.

    Had to laugh at Nola's comment. I guess that's why you went and got the plug in version.

    BTW thanks so much for the comment on my blog. Your support means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Nola!

    And i don't mean to alarm you, but there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with that lounge room! There are no large cactuses in the windows. I know, i know, don't thank me for pointing that out. Just doing my bit lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.