Wednesday, December 03, 2008

FLYING OFF TO PALMY...

TODAY:
- Kids to school
- pack bag
- Dress fitting...

Stew is home today... he's taken the next few days off so I can bugger off to Palmerston North and catch up with our sons, my girlfriends and spend some time with Chris D and attend her husband Dave's funeral I hope.

I am flying out this afternoon all going well. I plan on trying to blog while I'm away, but maybe just once a day!

Am taking me camera (of course!) but not sure if I will be able to post photos during my visit or maybe have to wait till I get home. We will see.

I'm undecided yet whether I will drive by our old home...... I kinda want to, and don't want to! Strange. Looking back is not always a good thing eh?

Anyway, I'm babbling.... ONWARD!

Hi Ya! Well I got to Palmy OK, lots of swear words on take-off and landing.... like "Shit shit shit"... I even hold my breath! So does not help!
Anyway, all is good here, spent the afternoon with my girlfreind, going over the funeral details etc. Visited my mate Dave at the Funeral Home, he is at peace ....

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a busy day for everyone... lots to finalise for the funeral, but it will all fall into place on the day, it always does. Hopefully Chris D can hold it together ... it is so hard on her.

End of Day: very happy to be here for Chris D, I wouldn't be anywhere else. nite nite.

17 comments:

  1. sorry bout the funeral, but hope you have a good time otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless you and keep you on this trip. Prayers going with you, that you would be a real comfort and help to Chris. And I'm praying God blesses you big for taking that time to go be with your friend.

    I loved the pic of Stew's dad in the last post. You always keep me checkin' back for updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you have to do a house drive-by! I always do and as the years pass, I feel less of a connection. I checked out all the homes I've ever lived in last night on the new google map feature - very strange being able to just put in an address and there is the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go look at the house....I think it will do you good....kind of like a final farewell to it and the beginning of your fresh start now you are settled into the other place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe trip - Enjoy seeing your sons, and hope Chris D is doing Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go check out your old house...I think it will be good for you.
    Big hugs to you, have a safe trip...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about Dave. You are a great friend to go and spend time with Chris in her time of need. I hope you have a safe trip.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a safe trip and I hope everything goes well. I also hope you make it to the funeral to say farewell to your friends husband...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to read about your friends husband. She must be going through such a horrible time right now and it is wonderful that you can be there for her. Reading these things certainly makes us count our blessings.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a fun, safe trip my friend!! Sorry about the funeral. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand the mixed feelings about driving past the old house. Especially as it's still so recent and the move hasn't been as wonderful as you'd hoped.

    Hope tomorrow isn't too traumatic for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris your such a wonderful friend, I expect Chris D is appreciating having you there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please, please tell Chris I'm thinking of her.

    I'm sure she will be strong - it's afterwards it's hits. So pleased for her that you are there fior support.

    And as you said Dave is at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chris my comment was I hope you get to attend the funeral not me. Yes I live in Australia and no I am not attending the funeral...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your time with your sons and friends as best you can.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.