Monday, July 13, 2020

QUIET PLEASE

I went to bed last night with a headache, and I still have it.
I'm putting it down to a busy weekend, lots going on... lots of noise. 

But ... it was a good weekend.  Particularly as we got to see our boy Griffin.

ABOVE: they are like everyone else... addicted to their phones!  Not that I can talk, I am too.  

ABOVE:  When it was time for him to leave, it was hugs all round.  So nice.  He's grown up so much, and matured into quite a nice young man.
Thank god!   Love ya Dude.  See ya again soon we hope.

So today?  I'm off to Bunnings for some painting supplies, so I can make a few paintings.  I've been dreaming of painting, so I better!

I'm also going to LOOK at one of these:

ABOVE:  Our last treadmill lasted us for over 20 years, and that was AMAZING.  We didn't think we would bother getting another one.
  
But, with all the wet weather we have had, and me not having many opportunities to join the FBG walking group now, we have decided to look into getting another one.
Right now it's just an idea, it's not set in concrete.  😂😆😅

Yeah right.  You know us eh?  I get an idea in my head and it's gotta happen YESTERDAY.

So.... that's me for now.  I'll catch up with you all ... a bit later.

ONWARD...
ABOVE: At one of my 'happy places'... Bunnings.
The Hamilton store is infinitely nicer and friendlier than the Cambridge one.
Got everything I needed here. Homeward bound now.

12.50 pm:  OMG where has the bloody morning gone???
I can't believe it's already after 12.  *sigh*

Well... I got all my painting stuff, came home, sorted it all out and now I need to go over my notes from last year and watch a few more You Tube tutorials to remind myself how to do the acrylic pours!

Yeah... and it's not a simple process.  Getting all the paints and mediums mixed takes quite a bit of time.  

So those of you who are hanging out waiting for me to get started... be patient!

I forgot to look at Treadmills, so once I've had some lunch I will be doing that.

I've also been working on this:


ABOVE:  Yes I am probably crazy... but let's see how it goes!

3.30 pm:  And Brylee and I have just arrived home from town.  We looked at treadmills at Elite Fitness, found out that the most likely one for us won't be in the country until sometime in October.  Knowing my luck, it will be October the 31st.  But that's fine, gives Stew time to save up for it.  😂😅😆

While out the kid and I did a little bit of shopping for Mid Winter Xmas gifts.  We did quite well!  Didn't spend a fortune, the aim is to keep the gifts small.

The house smells divine, I've got pulled pork in the crock pot.  It's gunna be amazing.  

FELICITY:  It goes without saying that wives/partners are invited... I have edited the invite.

11.14 pm:  And the day is done.  I've spent a good deal of time tonight looking at tutorials on painting techniques and medium recipes.  A bit befuddled now, will probably end up dreaming of paint all night.  lol

12 comments:

  1. Painting Painting Painting! Post Photos of this painting - it's driving me mad! It's so nice when these teenagers all of a sudden morph into these charming adults! Wow. My kiddo included, he will be 22 very shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted on your treadmill research... I'd love to have one in my TV lounge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🤞 I hope the mid-winter Xmas goes well. The kids will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:49 PM

    What a groovy idea for the mid winter Christmas 🙂 we are having something similar but over Labour Weekend because we get 4 days off (Hawkes Bay Anniversary on the Friday) Christmas Ham and a BBQ. First day back at work for me I'm knackered but gotta keep trying!! GM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely family pictures!!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your mid winter Christmas goes well :-). It will be nice to have everyone all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiwionholidays6:34 PM

    Was just gonna say hi n bye,,,, then on TV 2 secs ago showed in Qld police station where a cow how had wandered in to say hi lol

    It so reminded me of you and that fab new picture you guys bought


    They said they asked her to mooovvee on !!! Lol 😂

    Still lotsa happy things happening atm

    Great to see Griffin again and him and Brylee have grown in to lovely mature adults now, lots of hard work from you all .. it’s always neat to see our children n grandies n all well and happy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mid winter xmas sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bec and other halves arent on the invite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't want the twitchy ones to start up

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:26 AM

      The invite does actually invite and say partners and grandchildren

      Delete
  10. That was one jammed packed weekend. Hope your headache is finally gone. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.