Wednesday, July 22, 2020

IT'S A TIGHT SPACE

Yesterday I literally spent 5 hours standing on me feet, working on the latest Wonky House layout.

The space in the back area of my studio, where my large work table is situated is quite a 'tight space'.
It would be nice to have a bar stool to sit on while working there.
I tried using one of our cane bar stools, but they are quite chunky, and don't spin.
So later on today I'm going out to find a slimmer bar stool with a swivel seat.

I'm going to visit Harvey Norman's and Freedom Furniture... can't think where else I would find bar stools?

I'm really looking forward to working on a layout that is not covered in pins!  There SHOULD be no more very bad words being uttered. 😂😏😜

Not much else on my agenda today.  Do the housework ... then work in the studio till 1.30.
And after that... stool hunting.  That should be fun.  Wonder if I can find a blue one? lol

ONWARD...

Nice way to start the day. Had a customer in me shop. Had a lovely chat and a sale. 

It's another horrible day weather wise, wind, rain and freezing cold. Thank god for heat pumps.

Well... I did  say it was windy eh? 

ABOVE: The gate covering our bins just got ripped off the post and blown down the driveway! 

ABOVE: Shame it's  rubbish collection day... cos there's  heaps of rubbish flying around too.

1.35 pm:  Just finished in the Studio.  I have done 80% of the stitching on the latest Wonky House Runner, so should finish it tomorrow.
It's still blowing fairly heavily, and damn cold as ... well you know.
I'm about to head out to find a bar stool... wish me luck.

3.35 PM:  WOW, that didn't take me long at all!  I went to Farmers, very limited variety, and almost all of them were $249.  No way did I want to spend that much.
So then I popped into Freedom Furniture. Like nah, way to expensive.

Last stop, Harvey Norman's.  They had 10 to choose from, varying prices.

ABOVE:  I tried most of them...
😂😄😅

And ... I did end up buying one.  For a very good price too.

NOW... here's a question for you.  Which one did I buy?

Find out ... tomorrow. 

Dinner tonight was Sausages and a pasta dish.  Nice and warming on a freezing cold winter's night.

Stew assembled the new bar stool so I can use it tomorrow.

I wonder if anyone has guessed right???

26 comments:

  1. I think we are having the exact same weather 1000's of miles away. How about trade me for a stool? Today is the first day in weeks that I have been cool and actually put on a long sleeve shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoigjt of u last night when i seen the forecast for windy weather...stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Warehouse and Kmart have bar stools if you want low price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I like low prices, as long as what I'm buying isn't likely to break in 12 months 😊

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:48 PM

      I've gotta few items from both shops and they're still in excellent condition.i cant afford to look in high price snob shops Chris. Kj

      Delete
    3. That's great! I buy from all sorts of shops, not just 'high price snob shops' Kj. Worth noting, the bar stool I bought was not high priced at all.

      Delete
  4. We found our perfect bar stools on Trade Me ... they were in great condition, although I got the padded seats recovered to a colour that was a better fit for our kitchen once we redecorated that room. So much cheaper than shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays3:54 PM

    Number 10 ??
    Cheers 🥂 again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m with you, I chose #10 too

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4:39 PM

    No 3 ?

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:01 PM

    I love your audience engagement 😀. I vote number 4! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. 7 or 10, look padded & a wider seat (not that you NEED a wide seat), they just look more comfy:-) although 4 also looks comfy but not keen on the colour :-). I have now spent waaaay too much time considering your bar stool situation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, none of them are blue - so I am picking 10. It looks the most comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10 looks like good lower back support and adjustable

    ReplyDelete
  11. Number 10 😊😘

    ReplyDelete
  12. Number 8. Looks as if it would be a very good price 😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:06 AM

    I asy #'s 1 or 4 or 10. Haha

    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:52 AM

    10!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.