Thursday, July 16, 2020

CLASSES

Thinking about my painting efforts the past couple of days... and I am going to look around to see if anyone is doing classes in this technique in the Waikato.


I'm not happy with how it's going, even though I've only done three so far (this time around)... I'm just not getting the results I want.

So, I will go online later on today and see if there are any classes around.

It's worth doing, as I really LOVE doing the pours... they really are such fun.

Now, here's the third one, which I made yesterday:

ABOVE:  It's an improvement on the first two, and ALMOST what I was aiming for.
The thing is, there's just SO MANY different ways to do Acrylic Pours!  Swipes, Flip Cups, Dutch Pours, Colander Pours, String Pulls bla bla bla!  The trick is to master at least ONE technique before trying something else.  I keep bouncing around from one to the other, which is not helpful. 😒😓😕

Oh well... today is just a normal day, into the Studio and sewing till 2 pm.
Hopefully our visiting young person can self entertain while I'm busy.

ONWARD...

2.42 pm:  Hello!  Been a busy girl today.  Made 5 Bowl Cosy's, had Kelly and the girls in to visit, then Bex and the boys popped in too.

ABOVE:  Feed them, just feed them and they are happy!  So I did.

ABOVE:  There is an elephant in the room... hopefully it's gone in a day or two.  😂😄😅😆  edit:  The 'elephant' is the rather sore zit on her chin!

ABOVE:  Poor Coco!  She's not too thrilled with that  hand !  
Oh well... it was nice to see them all.

Right, it's time to relax and just watch some mindless TV.  Home and Away from yesterday I reckon.

ABOVE:  Guess what's for dinner?
Dinner was Nachos.  Which is Chilli Con Carne without the chilli.  Cos the only thing I like HOT is Stew!  😆

It's only 9 pm and I'm struggling to stay awake!  Not like me at all.  I'm an owl... I virtually never go to bed before 11 - 11.30 pm.
But ... I probably will tonight.  *smiles*

12 comments:

  1. This latest painting looks "correct". Like the technique DID work. I wouldn't worry about the color scheme - you are still working on the technique and different people like different colors! But, if you can find a class - it sure would be FUN! This painting is a success - especially around the edges. Of course, somebody else will like the big center section - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could google tips on YouTube for your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:31 AM

    That is gorgeous. Bright and uplifting. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - master one technique first but I also agree that you won't! Too exciting to try all the different methods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is wonderful that you have so many family members in close proximity! I am also rather envious that you can visit without fear of contracting a deadly disease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do any of the high schools in Hamilton have night classes? I've done some in the past for Photoshop and was very reasonably priced too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:33 PM

    Chilli con carne?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiwionholidays7:14 PM

    Another day of lovely photos n catchups there at yours ,
    One thing about winter is that neat hobbies like yours are done and shared by you

    Fab Bex is in to craft as well and the cake n work yesterday

    Stunning ,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:20 PM

    something with those yukkie dam beans in it
    #Lacy 💙

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hot curry 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually really like your painting. It sort of dances with life, if you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to have all those unexpected drop ins. Sounds like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.