Sunday, September 06, 2026

SUNDAY LUNCH

 

Today is the Village Lunch that I thought was on last Sunday.  lol

I'm looking forward to it, not the lunch really, but socialising with more residents.  And of course, I'm really happy Stew is coming too.  He's the one who needs to meet more of our neighbours.

ABOVE:  These are the next batch of pot mitts I made yesterday.  I am very happy with them.  Gosh I hope they sell at market!  Otherwise I'm gunna have to gift them all away at some point.

That's all I have for now... so catch ya later.

ONWARD...

2.30 pm. Well the village lunch was lovely, we had two soups to choose from, pea and ham and a vege one. Both were very tasty. Lots of different breads and buns too, not that I  had any bread.

Once home, Steve, Bex and the kids visited us. Steve fixed the lounge door, which was sticking on the carpet, so he shaved it down so it now glides over the floor better. I was having to use both hands and force to open and close it! 

Now they have left, and I'm about to have a nana nap. Or at least a lie down, for some reason I'm tired 😴. 

ABOVE: Steve working on our door...

ABOVE: One troublesome door fixed.  Thanks so much Steve.

ABOVE: My 'Princess Maud' Azalea survived the move from our last address.  I'm so happy it did because I've not seen that one anywhere else.

4.55 pm, and it's so dreary outside.  Cold and overcast, totally miserable.  I'm going to do the friggin hill in a minute, then start dinner.  We will be having chicken pieces, potato pom poms and a little lettuce salad.

9.11 pm.  Well it's been a nice evening, watching TV, doing a jig saw and so on.   I'm off to bed in an hour or so... catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. The mitts are cute do they have insulbright in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No just some batting...they are designed for taking lids off hot pots, lifting hot pots etc. Not necessarily taking things out of the oven, which would be hotter.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:08 AM

    You’re still blogging! I am cruising through memory lane and here you are! So far you’re the only blogger I followed who never stopped. But I’m still looking and reading. You’re still sewing! And you still have Stew, lots to catch up on. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to comment on them I'll have some!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! They are $15 a set. If you are wanting any just send me an email stewandchris@hotmail.com. We can arrange postage/payment etc.

      Delete
  4. Chris I reckon residents would buy them, at next village market day.
    They’re very cute I would’ve thought $18-20 do $15 is a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potato Pom-poms. Now, I have to find out what those are!
    The pot holders are so cute they could pass for BIKINI TOPS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.