Good morning, another wet Canterbury day is ahead of us.
First up...
ABOVE: My right knee is still a bit of a mess. Hopefully it will stop oozing soon. Stew's knee? Is holding up really well to our ventures.
ABOVE: These were the three pieces of fabric I got at the first fabric shop yesterday.
ABOVE: And these were the fabrics I got at Sew & Co. I was pretty happy with this lot.
Someone mentioned a fabric shop further south of Christchurch, in Ashburton. As it's only an hour or so away, we are going down there this morning.
After that, we plan on coming back, jumping on the tram and doing the city circuit.
So, that should take up the majority of the day.
Catch ya later.
ONWARD...
10.54 am.
ASHBURTON... and we are just leaving the quilt shop. What a shop! It's a small cottage converted into a shop. When we arrived it was JAM PACKED with ladies, no room to move! They were from Lincoln, on a day trip to quilt shops.
So we stood back until they left, then had a look around.
The rooms were so full of fabrics, notions, patterns etc, it was almost impossible to see everything. PHOTOS LATER.
ABOVE: I managed to find a bit of fabric. The shop owners taste in fabric was not really my taste, so I was surprised I did find some to buy.
But not too much.
It is now 11 am and we are heading back to Christchurch for lunch, then tram tripping.
ABOVE: I think this was us going over the Rakaia River. The bridge was almost exactly the same as the bridge in Bulls (Manawatu), but way, way longer.
ABOVE: There were 4-5 small rooms in the shop, and how you could find anything in there was beyond me! Just so much crammed in there.
ABOVE: the owner of the shop collects ... egg beaters! I've never seen a collection of those before.
My jacket gets SO MANY comments, both men and women ask me where I got it, say how lovely it is etc.
One man tried to swap it for fabric yesterday!!!
I think he was joking. Not too sure.
His wife certainly wanted my jacket.
ABOVE: On the tram, which was packed!
ABOVE: We got off at Regent Street... walked up and down, then got back on the tram. It was a very pretty street.
I wondered what the guys (Stew included), were looking at?
ABOVE X'S 3: The Bridge Of Remembrance.
We had a delightful afternoon tea there...
After all that, we came back to the motel. I'm exhausted.
Time to lie on the bed and relax.
In a couple of hours I will sort out our luggage, in readiness for our early start in the morning.
4.45 pm and I am signing off REALLY EARLY today, as I want to get our packing done, and not have to worry about anything else.
Catch you all tomorrow.
.jpg)










.jpg)













.jpg)
.jpg)





The tram is wonderful. Make sure you spend some time in New Regent Street. It is delightful
ReplyDeleteMary in Tassie
Tram? Gondola? What's the diff? I guess I will wait and see.. Surely, there will be photos!
ReplyDeleteLove the fabric on the right in first pic.
ReplyDeleteTram on ground, gondola up in air!
Super sunny day here.
Love that fabric too with the bird on it😍
DeleteI shop all my work clothes at Ballys. Favourite is Cornwall Seasalt. And they have a fabulous sale every year. Ballantynes a bit like David jones or Myers. High end stuff, nice to look at . It’s a beautiful shop, a real Chch icon, I hope it sticks around forever. Margaret
ReplyDeleteHiya , so neat you ones packed so much in to your trip to Christchurch.
ReplyDeleteShame about the weather but kudos for where n what you did .its been fabulous seeing lots of memory lane places
Thanks a mil for sharing with us .
Love New Regent street my wedding ring and eternity rings came from there at a well known Jewelers way back when lol and still going strong
So happy you ones enjoyed it .
Hope you get a nice early night and sleep well,ready for tomorrows flight ✈️
🕺🏿🏉🥝✈️🏝️
Cheers 🥂
Glad you got to see Regent St. It really is a pretty street. Ive never been to Ballantynes so plan to go in August when we're on holiday there. I love those little bowls. KarenAK
ReplyDeleteThrilled u got the wee fish bowl at ballentynes. Have you read the history about the fire in the 1947s. I've been to the cafe several times memories of my aunt and her neighbor, they would get the bus to town every Friday and have lunch at ballentynes.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your mini trip photos; you certainly fitted a lot in, in a short time. Looked wonderful
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little shop. Even I, who doesn't sew, could find something there to buy. Bet Stew didn't though. Christchurch is wonderful. So many things to visit and see. Would love that tram ride!!
ReplyDeleteYou didn't need another suitcase lol
I love how you guys are doing so much stuff. We're heading down about mid August and I now have a list thanks to you 🥰
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great time! Wow that is one expensive jacket!
ReplyDelete