Monday, July 20, 2026

CRAFT DAY ROLLS AROUND AGAIN

 

Well, another Monday rolls around, and I am heading down to the Craft room mid-morning.

ABOVE: As I mentioned yesterday, I have spent hours cutting out strips, and have plenty to make a couple of dozen runners.  I've laid out 7 to start with.  I will work on making the tops first, before quilting and binding them.  It's what works best for me.

ABOVE:  My latest bruise... it looks worse now.  And it is still very sore.  Thankfully, I've not damaged myself since then.  Maybe my 'clux' phase is over?  😄😅



ABOVE:  I've had to come to appreciate friggin Camellias, they are growing all over our village!  I reckon the original gardener must have loved them, because seriously, there's so many of them.  

Sadly though, they don't last long, and leave a huge mess on the lawns.  

That was boring as F eh? lol

I might as well bugger off and get myself and my trolley ready for Craft Group.

ONWARD...

Well its been an interesting morning.

I came down to the Community Centre at around 9 am, intending to buy something from the cafe before heading into the craft room.

Then I spied a golden retriever in the big lounge room, so followed  it in for a cuddle. And he belonged to the exercise instructor who was about to start a class. I don't know how it happened,  but I ended up getting persuaded to stay for the class.

It was  OK.  

I finally got to the Craft room an hour later. 

ABOVE: With all the YAKKING since I got here I've only managed to finish one runner top in 3 hours!!!
When I come down to craft group, I ALWAYS forget something and end up having to walk home to get what I forgot. Today I had to go home TWICE,  so when I got back I sat down and wrote a check list. Hopefully I never forget anything again.
It is BUZZING  here today. There's 13 of us, all yakking. It's actually noisy! 
7.05 pm.  I arrived home from Craft Group feeling blah.  But decided to get back into Crabby Quarters and carry on sewing.
And I sewed another two runner tops, to add to the two I got done at Craft Group.  So four for the day, that's not bad.  😊
Bearing in mind they still need to be quilted and bound.  But that will wait until I've got a few more made.
That exercise class I took this morning may have been totally geared towards much older, infirm people, but it still did something to my body!
My arms and legs are certainly telling me I did something today.  
Maybe I should join a few more of the classes being run here?  
We will see, I'll check out what's on and try a few I think.
Right, I'm out of here, catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Love the colour of the camellias. Pity they leave a mess.
    Have fun crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:18 AM

    I have a couple of camellia bushes in front of my verandah and to be honest, I can't figure out if someone has grafted 2 tighter, because the flowers are deep pink and white, or just deep pink OR white. It's so beautiful. Messy, yes. But lovely when they flower. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that a Golden Retriever led you to an exercise class. That's great!
    They are pretty flowers. They look happy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:22 PM

    Yes, I have a camellia as well, they are lovely, good to go to the exercise class and maybe join some other things. I didn't go to aqua it is so cold here...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yrs!! Get into the classes! Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. E xexcise class is perfect for your overall health and flexibility. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.