Tuesday, July 21, 2026

MID WINTER GROOM

 

On a roll ... having got four runner tops finished yesterday, my aim for today is another four.

I know it can be done.

I have put off getting Coco groomed for 3 weeks longer than the 'usual' time frame, being it's bloody cold.  But today she is getting groomed again.  I feel a bit sorry for her, but it really does need doing.  She smells.  Even when we bath her, she starts to smell in just a day or two.  I think it's an age thing with her, because she never used to get smelly so quick.

I will endeavour to get the 'before' and 'after' photos, as I usually do.  

The washing didn't get done on the weekend, so that's top of my 'to do' list once I'm out of bed.  Which will be around 7.30 - 8 o'clock.  No rush.

ONWARD...

And yeah, I was late putting today's post up.  Sorry about that.

And here we are, and my plans have changed slightly.  I decided to have a go at taking some of the sofa bed apart, just the fabric, to see if it could be disassembled to get it out of the house?

I got about 2 dozen staples out, then ...

ABOVE:  I called Lacy.  She came straight away and carried on the good work.  It may not work, but it's worth a try right?  Steve can look at the internal build and will know if he can take it apart to get it out.

While Lacy does that, I can get on with my sewing.

ABOVE:  It's now 1.45 pm, and I've managed to make three more small braid runner tops.

So I've got a few lined up to quilt and bind now.

I am going to make a few more though.  Cos I want to build up my stock of this size runner.


ABOVE: Between us, Lacy and I managed to expose one end of the sofa bed, so now Steve can see if he can sort it out.  And not just chop it up with a saw!


ABOVE: Our dinner is smelling delicious.  Beef roll ups and veges.  I am not very good at cooking beef, so I hope it comes out OK.

That dinner was really lovely, I did cauliflower cheese to go with it.  Super yummy.

Coco's groom took two hours!  The groomer is training up her teenage daughter, hence it taking so long.  I don't mind at all, and I always pay the daughter a tenner on top of the groom price, cos she deserves it.
It's quite a technical, hard job to do I'm sure.

I just finished sewing for the day, I am totally knackered.  I got FIVE runner tops done today!  I think that's a record.
Tomorrow I am going to make 2-3 more, then stop to quilt them all.
For now though, It's nearly 7 pm and it's time to sign off for the day.   Catch ya tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Kiwionholidays4:14 PM

    Wow you’re turning out your runners at a rate of knots,,,,
    You are so talented with colours patterns and craft work.
    Love seeing it all,

    Well done you n Lacy pulling that apart I’m sure with Steve and you all together, there will be away to get it out so it won’t go to landfill
    It’s a lovely piece of furniture
    Running behind the 8 ball 🎱 today so enjoy your evening there,,
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bugger you have to kill the sofa bed. Cold night here already again it says its 7 degrees but my feet are like blocks of ice...off for a shower to try warm them a bit,before I do tea (left over chicken soup from last night)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.