Tuesday, July 07, 2026

TUESDAY IN CHRISTCHURCH, FABRIC SHOPPING

 


Well, I had an average night's sleep.  The knees are not too bad this morning, I'm just feeling a bit stiff and sore.  I will take the dressings off later on today, and see where we are at.

Right, back to today.  We are going to visit two fabric shops, they are on opposite sides of the city.

We will pop into one in Hornby (Sewit.co), then go over to The Tannery in Woolston.  There we will visit Sew & Co, then wander around the other shops there.

After that, who knows?  No set plans, we really are 'winging it' with this trip now.

The weather has killed most of our 'outdoor' plans like going on the Gondola and visiting the Adventure Park.

ONWARD...

I took my knee dressings off this morning as they were coming off on their own.  My knees look great!  Left one is minor and not oozing, and the right on is a bit more ikky.  Some bruising as well (to be expected), and oozing, but on a whole I'm happy with them.  I think I'm a damn good healer.  I will keep a dressing on the right one for the day, so it doesn't stick to me leggings, then take it off when we get back to the Motel.  

I'm really looking forward to today's outing.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜Š FABRIC SHOPPING.

11.44 am. Our first fabric stop was disappointing, they didn't have much fabric. HOW RUDE.

So off we went to The Tannery and Sew & Co. They had lots of lovely fabric, and I did get some.



ABOVE: At the Tannery. Having lunch now.

ABOVE: We both had a burger and chips for lunch.  The burgers got a 5/10.  Very average.
Nice place at The Tannery though.

ABOVE: After lunch, we decided, as it wasn't raining, to chance our luck on the Gondola.  Port Hills straight ahead.


ABOVE: Going up, and a sheep acting like it was summers day!  Seriously, it was freezing.




ABOVE: Nearing the top, the climb got nearly vertical!  Lots of rock faces.  A bit daunting.

ABOVE: We knew there would not be a view at the top, but we didn't care.  It was still an experience.

ABOVE: At the top, where a nice man helped me out of the gondola.  He was lovely.

ABOVE: If we weren't up in the clouds, that would have been our view.

ABOVE: We had a walk around outside, looking for.... 
a rock!
Found one, just a small one.  I had to have a Port Hills rock!

ABOVE: The gift shop was very well priced, and we bought a few bits 'n' bobs there. The saleslady was a scream!  So very friendly.

 ABOVE:  My little Port Hills rock.  And now we are going down...

ABOVE: Once we were down, we drove through the Lyttleton tunnel...

ABOVE: The entrance to the tunnel, Christchurch side.

ABOVE:  Lyttleton harbour.  Very pretty.  Bloody freezing wind.

ABOVE:  I loved how the clouds seems to be creeping down the hills.

After driving around Lyttleton for a little while we came back to Christchurch.
Did a little fresh fruit shop at Pak 'n' Save, grabbed a LOTTO... and are now back at the motel.
Feet up, blankie on... relaxing.

7.41 pm, and we've had a nice, relaxing afternoon/evening.  Crackers, Cheese and cheesecake for dinner! lol
Signing off for the day now, catch ya tomorrow.

16 comments:

  1. I love the Tannery but it is pretty expensive so don’t be disappointed. Sio & I did the gondaler when it was really cloudy and although you did not get all the views, there was something really eerie about being in the clouds. Flipping cold though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There would be ZERO views today, so we will just wait until our next trip down here to do that.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:37 AM

    I hope you can return in late Spring and early summer, really get to enjoy the garden city - Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:21 PM

    There is a great quilt shop in ashburton called annies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:22 PM

    Go and have a look at tom's emporium on Cranford st

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard similar comments about sewit. Glad got a rock from top of gondola. Not catch me ever going up there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:48 PM

    Oh this is so much fun to read, and see the photos. I was in Christchurch for a week February 2025. Loved it! Weather was a bit nicer, but you look like you are having a fantastic time. I loved my time there, the people were so friendly, and the scenery was to die for.
    Mary in Tassie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear Sewit was disappointing. A friend of mine used to go there a lot with good experiences. I wonder if ownership has changed or if they are just stocking a much smaller range.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays5:27 PM

    Fabulous pics of you outings today
    So happy you got to go on Gondola despite the weather.
    So many neat places to go and see there.
    Hey Chris the first photo of you on the Gondola is lovely, you’re looking so happy πŸ˜€ and relaxed
    If stew took it he’s a great capturer of happiness πŸ’―πŸ•ΊπŸΏ
    Cool you both decided to get out and about after yesterdays mishap.

    Enjoy your evening
    Catchup soon
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pictures of today even if a bit foggy at times.
    Glad your knees weren’t too sore.
    Shame about the sewing shop spree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Lovely photos at The Tannery. I loved all the little shops there. Spent a little bit? last year. Im hoping to sort a lot of my stuff out and making boxes up for my kids just in case I move. Going to a craft group tomorrow nearby. Yay! Stay warm tonight. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you been to the New Regent Street Precinct? It's so cute and the city tram goes right through the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to hear your knees aren't too bad today. You took quite a tumble. I'd have been in shock for a while.
    Good to see blue skies too. What a ride up that mountain!! I can see it would be a wonderful experience even without the view.
    Hope your cases won't be overweight with all those rocks...... and some material???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you found some fabric and a new rock.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a perfect day. Glad the knees are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.