This morning I am driving over to Cambridge, to join up with a group of FBG's for a trip to Matamata.ABOVE: We are walking to the Matamata Tower, then have lunch in MATAMATA. That should be a bit of fun.
While I'm not doing the Urban Challenge this year due to the price of petrol, I am still staying involved in the FBG group, cos I really don't want to lose touch with so many of them. They have become such nice friends.
I have no idea how long we will be out and about, but I'll no doubt do an update at some point during the day.
Catch ya later.
ONWARD...
ABOVE: Well we are here, and there's quite a few old buildings to explore. There's little 'exhibitions ' inside most of them.
We have a GORGEOUS DAY, SUNSHINE AND NO WIND.
4 pm. Phew what a long day that was. But ever so nice to spend time with my friends.
The Matamata/Firth Tower and it's surrounding buildings were neat to see. It is run by the local council and is open for visits most days.
We got a private talk about the history of the Estate/Tower, then we could wander around the buildings.
Most of the additional buildings on the Estate, apart from the original Home and Tower have been brought on site many years ago.
I thought the tower would be a water tower, but no. It's just a 'folly'. Or in other words, a rather flash garden ornament!
ABOVE: In the little school, I spied this school desk and OMG! I can remember having a desk just like that in Primary School!
Does that make me old?
The trip lasted quite a bit longer than I anticipated. But all good.
Happy to be home now, and having my lunch at 4 pm!
Because my digestive system cannot be trusted, I can't eat if travelling, when I don't know where the next loo is likely to be... when you have to 'go'... it's an immediate thing with me. Unfortunately, it's one drawback of having your gall bladder out. I hope Bex doesn't get that side effect.
ABOVE: A fun photo, we all held a 'mask' up of one of our walkers, who was celebrating a very special birthday. Yaaa, one photo I didn't have to put 'faces' on .











What beauty and lovely weather!
ReplyDeleteBeauty day here too -3 start!
ReplyDeleteWorked last night someone dick I’m pretty tired just woke up.
Still having car problems π’
Sick that meant to say π
DeleteHi Chris
ReplyDeleteWow Firth Tower … Firth is my madan name
Robyn x
My stomach does same...today I was supposed to go to chch for a hospital appointment but had to cancel because my stomach didn't play nice this morning. Looks like you had afun day.
ReplyDeleteπππpoor Stew
ReplyDeleteI remember those desks and the hole for the inkwell. We used those inkwells in primary school. Ancient times lol
And my grandmother had a spindle sewing machine for dress making.
Hell I'm old