Tuesday, September 29, 2026

WHERE? AND C & C

 


I've sussed out where inside the garage I want the new window:

ABOVE:  The arrows indicate the side of the window I want to be sliding (to the right).  It will give me a lovely opening for air flow.

That will be especially good over summer, when the garage can get very hot.  

Steve is still working on getting the glaziers to come and do a measure up and quote for the window.  

Once that is done we can order the window, and Steve can work out when he can fit it into his already incredibly busy schedule.

This morning is another Coffee & Chat in the community centre.  I'll go... because otherwise I would just be sewing in Crabby Quarters all day long.

Before I go to C & C I've got a little bit of housework to do, and I'll also do 'the hill'.  I'll have to do it twice, cos I forgot to do it yesterday.

ONWARD...

C & C was a very small group today, but still nice to chat with the few there.

After that I went to Spotlight for more backing fabric for the placemats and more thread.

Then off to the supermarket for a couple of things.

Once home, Lacy came around...

ABOVE: And I got her to do some gardening... like planting those passionfruit vines!  And move a few pots around and pull some weeds.  Not that we have many, thanks to the weed mat and rocks.

Now she has left, and I'm about to have some lunch, then go and do some sewing.

LYNDA:  some good points.  I will probably look at getting a sun block type film on the windows.  I still want the window to be sliding.  I will wait and see if the sun lands on any of the fabric and deal with that then... like a blind if necessary.

I really appreciate the concern about my window, and the suggestions to make it 'safer'.  How about I just close and lock it whenever I leave Crabby Quarters?  I'm pretty sure security bars would not be allowed!  Not the look the village is going for.

It is nearly 4 pm and I'm not in the least bit inclined to go into Crabby Quarters and sew... in fact I have a mild headache.  I'm going to take a panadol and hope it buggers off.

7.35 pm.  I'm just in from Weight Watchers, which was a small group as well.  Everyone is staying home and keeping warm I reckon.  Clever people.

It was a nice group though, us die hards really.  Our Coach is going to be away for the next month, so we'll have a reliever coach. *sigh*, she's not my cuppa tea, so I will probably not go until Andrea is back.  

While I was out, Stew arrived home from work, put the rubbish out for tomorrow's collection, then he went for a walk.  

Now, I'm cooking his dinner.  He's having a home made pizza, using my Almond Flour 'bread'.

And.... that is me for the day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I have some thoughts on your window for you to consider. 1) If you have a sliding window and it rains (and you are not currently sitting sewing, like on the loo or whatever) the rain will come straight in. 2) A sliding window allows more room for someone to climb in (again if you are now sitting sewing). 3) If you have a standard opening window then it will give much more privacy when open than a big exposed hole from a sliding window. 4) If you get that reflective coating on the glass, which it may come with, you'll have complete privacy during the day, even with the window open, and no one will be able to see in but you will still see out. 5) A sliding window, when open, gives no UV protection and the sun streaming in will bother you and fade fabrics or whatever is out in the sun. Just my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara12:18 PM

    I've just com back from a holiday in NZ and I'm always amazed no one has fly screens on their windows. Would it be possible to do that so you could leave the window open without worrying about security? Or would that start up the nasty neighbours?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L HARVEY1:32 PM

      I have safety stays on all my windows, so they are always open, then I have netting in all my windows for extra privace and to keep flys 🪰 etc out

      Delete
  3. What about brick graphic on window? But mesh hole look I think sliding wouldn’t look so obvious on wall would you get a blind inside if too hot with sun shining through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've already thought of having a blind if it's necessary.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous3:15 PM

    Maybe see if you can pop a security grill of some kind on it so you can leave it open a bit more safely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:16 PM

    I don't know about security, but if you haven't already I'd make sure to have the permission to install in writing on official letterhead,, to forestall any bs from the tricky neighbours. Good luck, I think it's a smart move to put one in! Karen in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.