Saturday, September 19, 2026

TAMAHERE IN SEPTEMBER

 

OK... it's 5.35 am.

We are up.

It's not too cold.

The weather is holding.

Let's get a move on, and have a nice day.

I'm hoping for some sales today... cos our last market was a DEAD LOSS, and that is very demoralising.  It makes you wonder if you should carry on doing what ya doing?  I know my runners etc are really lovely, but can people afford non-essentials now days?  It's a worry.

Only 'light at the end of the tunnel' is that CHRISTMAS is coming.  lol

Wallets free up a bit for Christmas right?

ONWARD...


ABOVE: And we have a PERFECT Spring day! First really lovely day in months. 
I'm sitting here with a hot chocolate and just enjoying the quiet before people start arriving.  

11.30 ... it is slow and steady today. Moderate sales. The WIND is being horrendous... super gusty. Everyone is struggling with it, things keep getting blown off stalls. It's awful.

2.30 pm.

We are home. We are freakin' tired.  It was a long day, made even more arduous due to the extremely windy conditions.  So many stall holders had thing blown over and damaged or broken!  And literally everyone started packing up early.

We did too, and that's saying something, because we almost never pack up early.

I was just so glad to get home out of the damn wind and cold.

I am now preparing our daily meal, which will be BBQ Spare Ribs and a lettuce salad.

Stew has gone to the supermarket to do the weekly shop, for diet coke and the stuff he needs for his lunches next week.

I have vowed to not buy another thing for our freezer until I have got the damn thing empty!  It's chockka block right now, I can't fit anything else in it.

So we could be having some interesting meals over the next few weeks.

10.31 pm.  We've had a most lazy afternoon/evening.  Just keeping warm, watching the telly bla bla bla.

Catch ya tomorrow.  

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Had to laugh at your bottom pic, Stew looks like he has elf ears because of your runner behind him😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noticed that too... Stew is now offically the "Elf on the Shelf".... my first thought when I saw this photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Ha ha I noticed that too...so funny...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold stiff breeze here too, all day.

    Spring weather so unpredictable at the moment.

    I might even
    Light the fire yet, but late I know but takes tge chill off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It funny Chris you and another friend down here in the south island say exactly same thing about markets she sell children clothes and sales have been way down last 6 months or so and today she also fort with the wind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:59 PM

    I definitely noticed the ears as well, too funny! Christy in Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you had some sales so being at the market wasn't a total loss.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.