Monday, September 28, 2026

CRAFT GROUP, LOTS OF PLACEMATS

 

Late yesterday someone (Anon) correctly guessed what I have planned for Crabby Quarters.

ABOVE:  There's my plan.  Add a window to this side of the garage, where the sun pours in ALL MORNING.  It will add much wanted natural light, some more warmth and a breeze in summer.  I want it to be a sliding window, so it opens up heaps.

Steve is working on getting a quote for the window, then we will 'employ' him to do the job.

My biggest concern is the neighbours.  I KNOW, 100%, they will make a complaint about it.  But, the manager here has given me the go ahead, so let's see what happens.

ABOVE:  Today's job.  I've got these placemats laid out ready for cutting the 'waves', pinning then stitching.  That will probably take me a couple of days at least.  After those 8, I've got 4 more to do, before moving on to some other placemats.

Nothing like being busy, I love it.

Legs?  Way, way better, but still a bit sore!  Clearly I did them a mischief last week. 

ONWARD...

12.20 pm, and I just had lunch down in the craft room. AND... I struggled  to eat even half of it! Wow wow..  the WEGOVY must be finally working on me! Yàaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

3 pm, and I'm just in from Craft Group.  It was a small group again this week, but still pleasant to have the company.  I got 6 placemats 1/2 done.  Still plenty to do over the next week.

Winter is certainly lingering around... it's bloody cold today.  Nasty cool wind, with patches of sunshine that have no warmth in them yet.

I did hang out the washing this morning, and expect it to be dry soon.  

But right now... I'm going to sit and watch something on my laptop, and keep warm.

6.50 pm:  I didn't sit for long, the placemats were on my mind.

So I went back into Crabby Quarters and continued working on them.  There is still heaps to do, but I have plenty of time until our next markets in October.

Cooking some dinner now, Lamb Sausages and veges.  Weird thing is, I'm not even feeling very hungry!  But, I know I shouldn't starve, so shall be having some.

Though in saying that, I feel like some days I HAVE kinda starved myself.  Much good it did me!  My weight has hovered around the same 2 kilos for over a month!!!  I'm hoping that now the WEGOVY has increased a bit, things will happen a bit quicker now.

I am going to sign off for the day now, it's time to just chill out, watch some tv and be with Stew.

Catch ya tomorrow.


14 comments:

  1. Your leg muscles are just talking to you... They will survive the steps.
    I can't imagine the neighbors getting upset about a window. I think you and Stew are making very logical improvements. Others should follow your lead. Especially the extra parking space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way a couple of windows in your garage can be said to impeach on the enjoyment or resale value of the neighbours. You ended up capitulating on the shed so for this they can f”*+ off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you offer the placemats as a 2, 4 or 6 set? I mean if you make a load of the same blue wave ones people could choose between 2, 4 or 6. I know I would never buy only 4 but some people might only need 2 :) I guessed a window as well (didn't comment though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sell the placemats individually, so people can buy as many, or as few, as they want.

      Delete
  4. Laura M.12:12 PM

    I just don't get what it is that bothers your neighbors so much!! Especially if it's just windows??? I mean, it's YOUR house and YOUR garage. How in the world would that bother them? I get that they are total dicks that complain about everything, but I would love to know what reason these freaks come up with to complain about windows!! I'm sure there can't be a way for them to stop you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The window will face their home.... and I am sure they won't like that. But, I have been given the go ahead, so go ahead I will. lol

      Delete
    2. Anonymous9:54 PM

      They'll probably whinge about the sun reflecting on your windows into their place lol

      Delete
  5. If the morning sun hits there I’d put all my portable clothes racks there and dry my washing.
    That’s a good idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. L HARVEY3:51 PM

    Well my legs 🦵 are fine, absolutely fine, so much so that I might go up the Huks again this Wednesday 😁 in fact, I shall 😊
    #Lacy💙💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will think of you ... while sitting on my bum in the house! lol

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4:04 PM

    The "freaks" haven't complained yet they don't even know...lol..the problem is living in a retirement village there are lots of rules...I was looking at retirement villages for my sister and her husband and there are so many rules and the ongoing costs are a bit much here in Australia. It is probably easier to buy a suitable house than try to change things later. .Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. The window sounds like a fine idea. Windows allow for light which most garages lack.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.