Wednesday, September 09, 2026

BEE.....

 

Another day, another morning tea.  This time it's the Monthly Residents Morning Tea.  It is usually very well attended, probably due to the free food and drink! 

The only thing I find derrr is that almost all the men sit together at a big table, and then all the women at other tables.  There are a few men who mix it up and actually sit with their wives.  Once Stew starts going to these things, he better sit with ME.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

I don't really know why I'm going cos I'm not going to be having any of the food.  It's always bog standard pre-frozen savouries (not that nice), slices cut into TEENY TINY pieces and OMG Fucking EGG SANDWICHES.  Gross.

Who the hell likes egg sandwiches?  Not me.

The only reason I go is to show my face, be present and sociable.

It's only for an hour or so, so not too long out of my day.

ABOVE: There is the runner I made yesterday, I finished it last night.

I'm a bit annoyed because I should have put BEE, not BE.  But oh well, it's still cute.   I saw it on a t-shirt a while ago, and finally did it as a runner.

I'm going to make one more today, then see how they go at market. 

OH and Stew worked out it would take THIRTY SIX YEARS of using the clothes dryer twice a week to spend $6,600 ... so yeah, not getting that awning.  We will use the clothes dryer!  lol

ONWARD...

ABOVE: I was so happy to see how well this huge succulent has started recovering after the huge frost we had a few weeks ago.  The frost had killed a large percentage of the plant.  Now though, there's heaps of new growth, lots of little shoots coming off the branches around where bits simply fell off.  So happy, as this succulent must be years and years old.  It's special, and I love it.
10.20 am.  I decided not to go to the morning tea... just wasn't in the mood.

Those who love egg sandwiches... at least you know what NOT to give me if I ever come for morning tea!!!
Seems I have to let Stew sit with the men... Pfffffft.  Whatever.
I'm off to sew.  
Been out and bought more tiny buttons for bee eyes, and some more hot chocolate mixes.  I am really enjoying having one of them a day.
6.15 pm, and I know I've been quiet for most of the day.  I got a nasty, sick headache after lunch, so I took some panadol and lay in bed for a couple of hours. 
Woke up feeling much better thankfully.
So, I went into Crabby Quarters and made a second Bee Runner.

ABOVE: And as you can see, the runner I made yesterday is already sold.  So I'm probably only taking one Bee Runner to Market on Sunday, unless I pull finger and get another one made tomorrow.  *sigh*
No rest for the wicked it would seem.
NOT that I need more runners!  I've got plenty heading into the spring markets.
Stew just arrived home from work, and he's now doing some exercises in the front room.
I'm finally sitting in front of the TV, which is still OFF... so perhaps I'll turn it on?

AND OMG I can't get over how many people like egg sandwiches!  You fullas are welcome to them.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:37 AM

    I love egg salad sandwiches was going to make one for dinner but then decided to have fried eggs on crumpets. Not crazy about the bee runner but loved the fish ones. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love egg sandwiches!! Regarding Stew once he retires and goes to these get togethers... he absolutely should sit with the other men - the entire point is to make new friends and contacts. If he sits with you he's not gaining anything from it. It's a shame he's not interacting more with the village before he retires. Is there anything on at the weekends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love egg sandwiches. I agree with Linda about the men sitting together etc, they undoubtedly spend most of their time with their wives so getting together and gossiping (because oh they will despite saying otherwise) gives them that friendship & interaction that can be missing when not working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:20 AM

    Um... me too. I love egg sandwiches. Especially curried egg xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:40 AM

    I love egg sangers tooπŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep πŸ‘‹ im a fan of an egg sammie too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love egg sandwich usually have them for lunch on Saturday at cards. 36 years of drier use lol too funny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I detest egg sandwiches. Love the runner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:44 PM

    Ha ha, of course Stew should be sitting with others...he has sat with you long enough...lol...same as my husband we mix away at social functions. lol..
    ..Peta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:42 PM

    Love the Bee runner-so cute. I tried to comment the other day on another runner but it would not let me...loving the new colors. You are so talented!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the lead actors on my last film LOVED Egg Salad Sandwiches. I got them for him. Curious, I tried one myself for the first time since childhood. It was kind of tasty. Nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love a good egg sandwich ... has to be mashed egg with a dash of mayo and some chopped up chives ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m another egg sandwich lover….especially a curried egg and lettuce one

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.