Tuesday, September 01, 2026

A DIFFERENT DAY TODAY

 

If the weather is nice today, all going well.... I am being picked up by Bex and Lily, and we are visiting Hamilton Zoo!

How awesome is that.  I really love going to the zoo... mostly to see rhinos and giraffes.  They are my favourite 'zoo animals'.

So, fingers crossed for a fine day.  I'm not sure how long we will be there, so I might just pack myself a little bit of food to take with me.  I'm not going to expect 'healthy' food at the zoo, that's for sure.

When I get home, I will continue working on the wave runners I started yesterday.

Might do some housework too... cos that shit never ends.  Even in a tiny home like we have.

ONWARD...

9 am... And just like that, the day's plans have changed.  It's NOT a nice day, still bitterly cold with a horrid wind.  And it's raining at the zoo.  So, not today after all.

AND there's something else going on that would have made enjoying the day IMPOSSIBLE.  My mind is bouncing all over the place, and I am very scared for someone in our family, who's going through a health problem.   IF I get permission later on, I'll tell you what's going on.

Until then, just keep us in your thoughts, cos I'm scared.

OK... tests have shown it's not a major... but still have to wait on another test.  Grrrr.... someone needs to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN, and not put themselves under so much pressure I think!

I haven't been that worried about this person in quite a while.

I took myself down to Coffee & Chat to distract myself.  Now I'm going to the supermarket for a couple of things, then I'm coming home and making... Beetroot Relish.  Cos I can.  And I'm hankering after some.

1.10 pm.  The relish is done.  Not sure what I think of it yet.

I'm now making my lunch, a salad with.... beetroot relish. lol

ABOVE: Lunch today:  Lettuce salad, beetroot relish, 1 baby potato, 2 onion rings, 2 chicken tenders and half a pork rissole thingee.  It's rather yum.

4.30 pm:  After my lovely lunch, I felt like sleeping!  But nah, I went into Crabby Quarters and worked on the two wave runners I've got on the go.


ABOVE: And there ya go, two blue wave runners, the same, but different.  They are of a very similar length, but one is slightly wider.   
Tomorrow I am going to make a start on two more... and I am going to throw in a bit of aqua/teal with the blues.
In an hour I am going to Weight Watchers... because I like the company/peer support... no other reason really. It's like a comfortable old blanket, something I'm familiar with and still enjoy, even after about FORTY FIVE YEARS of going!!!  That is ON and OFF though, never for the entire 45 years.  I have made some LIFE LONG friends through Weight Watchers, and that is pretty awesome.
Sandra, Chris, Anne, Michele, Lois, Janene, Felicity, Karen.... GOSH there's just too many to remember all their names! 
RHONDA, does that answer why I still go to Weight Watchers?  lol

8.45 pm, and yep, it did turn out to be a different day today.  Different but not how I expected.  But, all is kinda OK for now.  The person we were so concerned about is still not 100%, but not a lot can be done unless things escalate again.  Then that person will have to go to the hospital for further tests.   Trying not to worry.  

Time to sign off for the day, catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry about the zoo, and hopefully the health scare turns out to be nothing of consequence. Thinking of you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Best wishes for your family member, so scary!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending healing vibes to the family.
    I played Mahjong today, (my newest addiction) at a LOVELY home, dubbed Mahjong Headquarters. She had a beautiful table runner that I noticed immediately. I asked if she had made it. No, she didn't. But it was handmade.... and it was a gift for her 60th Birthday.. I thought of you when I saw it. Maybe I will send a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the issue is not a major and the worry has eased. Have never made Beetroot relish but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays3:48 PM

    The lunch looks amazing Chris ,…
    Great you’ve done Beetroot Relish ,like Marlene I love it but have never made it .either.
    Enjoy the start of Spring, I miss the changing seasons of NZ while we’re doing our OE in Oz πŸ’―πŸŽΈπŸ₯☕️πŸ‰πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸΆ
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:24 PM

    You lunch looks delicious its making me feel hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh nice lunch I think I forgot to eat today oh well I’ll have chicken and coleslaw for dinner gonna do 4 hours extra work at me other place tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:15 AM

    I hope all is well with that family member !! Zoo another day :) Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending positive vibes to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beetroot relish is great. I'll make some in the winter. A lovely meal.
    And a vibrant runner. Great colours. You're a true artist

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.