Friday, August 07, 2026

FIND IT A HOME

 

Well, another lovely frosty start to the day.

I'm heading down to the craft room today, to work on the next fishy runner.  I spent some time yesterday looking at pictures of fish, cos I want to use some new ones.

ABOVE: When I find a picture I like, I copy it out in a bigger size on card.  That way I can then trace it onto Steam a Seam and then fabric.

So last night, before going to the pub, I copied out the next two 'new' fish I will be using today.

I'm excited to see how they come out.

I have now been on this new 'diet' for a full week, and my loss???
Well... I have to get outta bed first right?  Let's wait and see...

Something else I need to do this morning is find a home for the Nutribullet.  It can't sit on the bench indefinitely, as the bench simply isn't big enough for more stuff to stay on it.  I think I can rearrange the pantry a bit, so it can go in there all going well.
I want to use it today, to mix up my Optifast shake, and I'm going to add half a pear to the shake to make it more palatable.  I hope that makes it nicer to have.

ONWARD...
9.10 am, and we have a white out... the temperature was -4.6 degrees C. That's COLD.

ABOVE:  I haven't seen frost like this since I was a kid!  It's bitterly cold.

ABOVE: Frosty windscreens?  Nah, how about the entire car!  It's covered in frost from top to bottom.
The water in my fountain outside is frozen over.  I have put a warm container of water inside for Coco, her outside water container is frozen.

I've just finished packing my sewing trolley, so will head down to the craft room now and get that heater on!

OH shit!  Almost forgot my weigh in.  I lost 2.7 kilos this week.  I'm really happy with that. 

ABOVE: 12.23 pm... It has taken three hours to cut out and press down the three big fish. On my own here in the craft room today, sadly. I thought I'd have some company.  But the plus side is I can play my music and its really warm in here 😊.
I am now taking a short break before starting the stitching.

2.30 pm, and I'm home.  I spent a total of 5 hours working in the craft room on my own.  Listening to my music, then my freakin' phone died!
So I've come home to charge it, and take a break.

ABOVE: The Community Centre's cafe area is getting an extension and upgrade.  It's be 'on the cards' for about 15 years!  The roof leaks, it should have been done years ago.
But at least now, with the new manager, it is finally going ahead.

ABOVE: This is the only fish I got finished today.  I am very proud of him.  He took one and a half hours to stitch.  I put a lot of effort into getting the details done.  He's probably the most detailed fish I've ever done.  Now I have to come up with a name for him. Ideas???
Well, hardly anyone bothered to give me ideas for a name for that fish... so I'll just go with the first one!
HE'S FINLEY.   I name all the fish I used on my runners btw.
My batteries died completely this afternoon, so I've been just sitting scrolling the net, and keeping warm.
I made a 'protein pizza' this afternoon for our dinner.
Using Cottage Cheese, Eggs and seasoning for the base.  It worked really well.  I used the Nutribullet to whizz the cottage cheese and eggs, and that was neat!   Noisy, but neat.
We have now had our dinner, we both loved the pizza.  I put tomato pizza sauce, Salami, various cheeses and pineapple on the pizza base.  So YUM!  There would have been some red onion too, but I overcooked it and it went straight in the bin. Shit happens.
Now?
Time to just relax for the evening... though I am tempted to go into Crabby Quarters and put away everything I used today.  I don't like leaving it a mess.
We'll see.
Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. WTG on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:07 PM

    Does that fish look like a Finley?
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:05 PM

    I think his name should be Funky Fish🐠

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yip was a hoha of a frost down here too -6 (actual -8).

    Fish Henry or Dilbert love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mighty frost country wide today thank heaven for electricity I say heat pump has going most of day...it was lovely sunny afternoon but bitter cold not that i am well enough to go out... delivery take away tonight

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic weight loss. Good work.
    Look at that frost!! Keep warm

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.