Wednesday, August 19, 2026

ANOTHER DAY TRIP AHEAD


Stew is home today, and we are heading out of town again.

Destination to be advised later.

I am going to ring the Dr before 8 am, and make an appointment for Stew to see the Doctor.  Hopefully that will happen sometime today, and we will plan our day around that, all going well.

His toe didn't look any worse last night when I looked at it... I think the bruising is what's changing.  It's getting darker and moving down his foot a bit now.   BUT, even though it doesn't seem to be infected, as everyone said, best to get it looked at.  It could still get an infection under the ripped off nail, which is hanging on by just a thread.  Ikky.

Today is the one year anniversary of my sister Lorraine's passing.  I will be thinking of her today.

Right, time to get a move on.  Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

9.43 am.

And Stew has had his toe checked and all is GOOD. No sign of infection.  

And we are now on the road, heading to our destination. 

ABOVE: Having an early lunch as the shop we wanted to visit was unexpectedly closed. Most annoying. 

ABOVE: I had a 'kebab' salad. It was delicious.  Just meat and salad stuff... my 'go to' lunch now.

ABOVE: Ahhhhh.... shopping. 

ABOVE: And visiting family.

3.15 pm,  and we are home.  We decided to go to Thames today.  We really love that coastline.
We had hoped to visit a copper craft shop while there, but the buggers were closed today.  
So, we did a trip up the coast, all the way to Tapu.

I took lots of photos, but blogger is being an arse, and won't let me upload them yet.  So we wait....  😂😒😣

ABOVE:  a interesting sculpture in the main street of Thames.  Not my cuppa tea, but someone's.  lol

ABOVE:  Stew on Waiomu Beach.  

ABOVE:  Waiomu Beach.  About 15 - 20 minutes north of Thames.

ABOVE:  I'm not a fan of the coast road.
It is narrow in places, and very windy.

ABOVE: But then, you get gorgeous views like this.  
Worth it.

ABOVE:  After driving past this Art Gallery/Shop a gazillion times, we finally stopped for a look.
And ended up buying a couple of things.
Whoops.

ABOVE: We visited 4 family members in the Thames cemetery.   They have such a lovely resting place.


ABOVE: The old (on the left) and the new Kopu Bridge.  One day soon the old bridge will be open to foot and cycle traffic.  I can't wait to walk over it, after having driven over it hundreds and hundreds of times over the past 60 years.

ABOVE: This is a painting we bought today.  It is of the Whitianga Wharf.  This wharf holds special meaning to me.  My Dad fell off it in 2000 and drowned.  I don't hold it against the wharf.  😌


7 comments:

  1. Bruises are affected by gravity. They move down. It's pooled blood and it's just moving down as liquids do. I had a black eye ABOVE my eye, and it ended up below my eye before it got better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the doctors appointment got the ok.

    Lunch looks delicious I’m just having (clean penis ) on toast apparently according to influencers that’s the new term for
    AVOCADO
    Who knew!!’
    FFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:25 PM

      Wtf? How do they get clean penis out of avocado?

      Delete
    2. My question exactly.... lol.

      Delete
  3. I am glad you went to the doc cos Stew's toe looks so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:44 PM

    What a gorgeous day out Chris, glad Stew's toe won't fall off. :-) Michele PN

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby kicked a box with his little toe a few weeks ago and at least half of his foot ended up bruised lol
    I love that painting

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.