For the first time in a long time, I'm going over to Cambridge for an FBG walk.
I miss the girls/guys over there, and I really don't want to lose touch with all of them.
The morning tea afterwards is a great way to catch up too... though from now on there won't be any 'treats' during morning tea, I'll just have a hot chocolate drink.
After my little trip over to Cambridge, I'll come home and do some sewing. I've not done any since Monday.
ABOVE: Update on Stew's toe... the nail has come off, and it is healing well. We are so relieved he didn't get an infection.
I better go, got a bit of housework to do before I go over to Cambridge.
Catch ya later.
ONWARD...
11.50 am, and I did it. I was tempted not to, being an inherently lazy tart, but I did go over to Cambridge for a walk.
ABOVE: There were 13 of us on today's walk, and the walk took just over an hour. No idea what the distance was, my walking app glitched out again. But I think it was around 5.5 kms.
I had a lovely hot chocolate afterwards at the chosen coffee shop of the day, then came home.
I'm now cooking some chicken pieces for my lunch. Then I'm going out again.
I have finally decided to buy an air fryer. Thought about it before, then decided to use the air fryer feature of our Samsung Oven. But it doesn't really work like an air fryer ... and you are still warming up a much bigger oven... which costs more.
So, I'm going out after lunch to buy what Steve and Bex have, which is a bench top oven/air fryer. It uses bugger all power apparently. Might just be perfect for us.
I hardly ever use our big oven now days, only when we have visitors for lunch like last Sunday, when I want to cook more than just enough for Stew and I.
ABOVE: Today's 'official' walk photo, doctored of course to protect privacy.




Happy to hear the Toe is on the way to healing.
ReplyDeleteI can't live without my air fryer. It is an "oven" style with drawers and shelves rather than a drawer one, but geez it's handy. I still use my oven for baking cakes and roast dinners, but the air fryer gets used for everything else. Heats up frozen meat pies a treat too. xx Colleen
ReplyDeleteGood on u going on your walk and catch up with Cambridge friends
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love using my air fryer. It has so many uses. Only wish I had bought a bigger one. Caroline
ReplyDeleteLove my air fryers. They do so much.
ReplyDelete