Monday, August 03, 2026

THAT WAS FAST!

 

When Steve took the sofa bed away in a dozen bits, I really expected it to stay in bits in his garage for weeks, if not months.

He's a busy guy, and putting it back together would have been low on his priority list.

BUT NO!  Bex started sending me photos late yesterday afternoon...

ABOVE: They had already set to work putting it back together again! That involved A LOT OF WORK.  I had unstapled one entire end of the fabric and lining, so they had to sew it all back together, then assemble the framework again.  Then put the sofa bed components back into the frame.

So, not a small job.

ABOVE: Steve's apprentice was on the job the ENTIRE TIME I'm told.  She even had to remove her shirt like her Dadda.  It was a hot and sweaty job.  OMG she's so cute.

I am so happy we didn't totally ruin that sofa bed by chopping it up!  It cost quite a lot, and is a really good piece of furniture.

ABOVE: And there it is, all back together.  I think they will be getting rid of the dark brown leather sofa that we gave to them years ago.  It's no longer needed.  😊

Today I'm heading down to the Craft Room to do some sewing with my friends there.  I will be taking my Optifast shake and some salad with me, so I've got my lunch covered.  No more buying a scone or muffin from the cafe.  And I won't be indulging in the afternoon tea cake either.  This is me being bloody determined for this WEGOVY shit to work.

It is VERY expensive, so I am sure in hell not going to waste our money by blowing it.

ONWARD...

2 pm, and its been a busy day. First up was housework. Then I went to Spotlight for white felt and a different fabric for today's runner. I wasn't happy with the vibrant blue for the 'sea'.


ABOVE: I've just finished the backing and first fish.

Mc Dreamy has spat the dummy AGAIN, so now I have to decide on... get him fixed again or buy another, smaller, cheaper 2nd machine? 

Decision pending.

I'm at craft group,  a much smaller group today, so not so noisy.   Time to stop for afternoon tea. I'll have my diet coke, no shortbread for me.

Whelp... I don't have to buy another machine.  Bex is giving me back my little Baby Brother machine.

Now I feel like an 'Indian Giver'... which is what Lacy has accused me of a few times! lol

I've given her things over the years, then changed my mind when I've seen it in her home... and taken it back!  NOT too often, but a couple of times for sure.

So, Bex and Lily will return Baby tomorrow, and he will go back into the Craft Room for when I'm working down there.

Mc Dreamy is going to be 'retired'... I am not going to keep spending good money after bad, trying to keep him going.  He's done his dash.

It is now 3.25 pm, and I'm home from Craft Group.  I didn't do too much sewing today, as I'm not going to aggravate my shoulders/arm by sewing for hours at a time anymore.  I'm hoping once the weather warms up, my shoulders will come right.  They did last summer.  

Though in saying that, I think my fall in Akaroa didn't help my left shoulder at all!  It only became a really big problem, affecting my entire arm, after that fall.  Shit happens.  Moving on...

I'm now wrapped up in my heated throw and have the heat pump on.  It's a lovely afternoon, sunshine is streaming in the house.  It is bliss. 

8.30 pm, and I've been a totally lazy tart since I got home from Craft Group!  I have not even unloaded my trolley.  It can wait until tomorrow morning.

Stew arrived home and we both had our 'dinner'... lol.  Grapes and a pear for me.

And... that's me for the day.  Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes MONEY is a good motivator for weight loss!
    Good for you. You are doing all the right things!
    But that lunch sounds miserable. BURP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Steve! It would have been such a shame to bin that lovely sofa bed and it will be put to great use now with growing kids wanting sleep overs etc. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Hi, the sofa looks great in their home...I sent you an email. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful Steve and his apprentice, I dont remember the boys working along side of dad the same or is that just the fact Steve life is a little different now he is able to do things at home with the kids more than 10 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that came together great and yes sleepovers, movie nights in tge lounge.

    Lily oh my gosh shes adorbs.

    I love the banana shake and vanilla shake flavours but git me I have
    Ice chilled water and crushed ice blended in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs on the machine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saying a quick HELLO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can your RedHaired babe get any cuter lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.