I don't know about you, but I spend a good hour, if not more, scrolling on Facebook and Instagram a day. Just looking at what other people are doing.
And the other day I saw this guy making some 'Protein Sandwich Thins', and I thought, hmmm... I might give that a try.
I got the necessary ingredients, cos like, who has Almond Flour in their pantry? Not me.
ABOVE: There's only 4 ingredients, and you just combine it all together... well you beat the eggs and cottage cheese together first, then add the dry ingredients. The recipe calls for some sort of seasoning, so I just added some garlic salt.
Stew and I tried them last night and really liked them.
The guy who I got the recipe off has an Instagram page, with lots more diet and health tips.
And now... on to today's agenda. Which will be sewing. Lacy is coming over later on in the morning to do some housework.
ONWARD...
9.30 am: We were supposed to have a heavy frost this morning, but no! Nice surprise. I'm now heading down to the Community Centre to get some fresh fruit and veges, some bloke brings it in from his farm. Nice one.
ABOVE: Well we may not have had a frost, but it's still OMG COLD outside! The fruit and vege truck was not exactly well stocked, I managed to get the only pears she had, and a small bunch of bananas. I thought the prices were pretty steep too, so won't do that again.
Shame really, because it's a nice service for the very elderly people here, who just want a few things and don't want to go to the supermarket.
So now that I'm home again, I'm heading into Crabby Quarters. Lacy isn't here yet, probably snuggled up in bed still... I wish I was.
ABOVE: Now I remember why I've not done these runners in a while! Stitching around bubbles etc is a pain in the arse. So much more work than a Braid Runner! I might get this one finished today, if I'm lucky.
The bloody housekeeper ain't turned up, and a voice message late in the morning didn't exactly tickle me pink. So maybe she will turn up tomorrow? Grrrr. Coco was so looking forward to her bath too.
I'm feeling a bit bummed out. I gained .500 grams when I weighed in this morning, and I know why. The wrap and fruit I had yesterday was too much. I better not do that again! That was a big gain for one damn day.
2.50 pm, and I just finished that fish runner. On the last row of stitching I managed to jamb a pin into the side of my index finger... blood spurted immediately. AND thank you God, I managed to keep it off the runner!
Blood on the runner would have been a disaster I tell ya.
Phew, crisis averted. And the runner?
ABOVE: 'Rangitoto Island' is done.
I will be making at least 1-3 more before summer.
I made a start on the next Fishy Runner late this afternoon, but stopped when Stew arrived home from work.
We have spent the evening watching TV and just keeping comfy and warm.
Coronation Street is coming up in half an hour, so I shall sign off for the day, watch that then head off to bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.


.jpg)






This reminded me that I used to buy Tiptop sandwich thins which were low carb ( half, I believe of bread) hmmmm might have a look see at supermarket. Thanks for posting this.
ReplyDeleteJust be aware that the Almond Flour is DAMN expensive, so these things work out to be 5 times more expensive than a slice of bread!!! I don't know if I'll be making them again.
Deletelooks good!
ReplyDeleteI found that guys page, will give them a whirl next week.
ReplyDeleteLove the runner, very cute and wow so much work in it. I wouldn’t worry about ‘a gain’ today Chris, as you’d know body weight fluctuates for many reason. I probably wouldn’t change anything atm as you are only a few days in and so you haven’t really established a body weight fluctuation range yet. Make notes to help along the way. Hope you are having enough fibre so you don’t end up constipated again. That’s a whole other problem in weight fluctuations. Try not to expect too much just yet. You are going well and your body would be screaming out in ‘shock’ what’s happening lol You’ve got this
ReplyDeleteJust love the runner…be a best seller I’m sure 😊
ReplyDeleteHi Chris,
ReplyDelete"Lo carb love" youtube channel has great recipes, she has lost a massive amount of weight and has kept it off. She loves her food and offers low carb alternatives! Sure you would find it helpful.
My Dr. recommended good magnesium tablets when loosing weight to help maintain mussle mass, take after food.
Good luck with your weekly injections, they do kerb your appetite, I've lost 16kgs and still loosing.
Heather
Hi Heather, I just looked at that YouTube channel. She has a recipe for low carb 'bread' that is very similar to what I made yesterday! I am going to try her recipe tomorrow. And I'll check out her channel some more as well. thanks for the recommendation.
DeleteLove love that runner. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThat cottage cheese bread turned out really well. The along flour makes a difference. Mine spread and can only be used as wraps. I wonder if I can get almond flour here. I'll have a look.
I use almond milk in my coffee. Hate it. I'm going back to lite milk instead.
Anyway, I shall experiment
Love the runner!
ReplyDeleteThe bread item looks good.
ReplyDeleteCute runner.
Hello!