Friday, March 18, 2016

SEWING TODAY

Today the plan is to sew the 2nd lounge cushion, then have a go at a smaller one using applique'.

Looking forward to this coming weekend's Open Home for once, as it COULD be our last one!

Wouldn't that be wonderful.

Shit, what will I talk about if we ain't selling the house any more?  lol

I can't remember what life was like before we put this house on the market... a lot less stressful that's for sure.

I don't really want to be too positive yet... but it's creeping in.  *smiles*
I've even been looking at houses, (online), for sale in Hamilton with a genuine interest.  

Right, I suppose I better get a move on, I still have to keep the house 'ready' for viewing at any time of the day.  Can't wait till I DON'T have to do that too.

It's exhausting I tell ya.

ONWARD...

Just signed 2nd 'back up' contract. So now we have two genuine buyers.  We have to give the 1st buyer 5 working days to get his finance, or the 2nd contract kicks in.  Talk about stress!

I've been quiet today.  I've had a killer headache and so have done NOTHING but keep still and swallow panadol.

Re: the two contracts on our home.  If buyer one can't raise his finance, his contract is cancelled.
Then buyer two's contract becomes active.  He has his money, but wants a builders report.

While we know the house is 100% sound, if he gets cold feet, he can back out using that.

So nothing is DEFINITE until one of them goes UNCONDITIONAL.  That is why I am still stressing out about it.

Hence the headache.

I can't help stressing about it, sorry.

Looking forward to a calm, happy day tomorrow.

24 comments:

  1. Omygosh! I'm so excited for you. Fingers still crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited!! Yahoo for new agents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But that is good stress isnt it ? I hope you have been able to do this without dropping your price $60,000 like the previous agent wanted just so that you can say "I told you so "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no I am not 'fishing' for prices, that it between you and the buyer

      Delete
  4. Congrats. - you have been so very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every thing crossed for you here Chris. I have started on a new quilt for our bed, managed to sew 3 blocks so far, although I have 20 stacked up. Going to do 2 or 3 each day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossed fingers toes and everything else I can think of 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crossed fingers toes and everything else I can think of 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee. Now you can start house hunting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing what a change of real estate agent does, so very happy for you all x

    ReplyDelete
  10. STOP stressing - the stress is on the buyers competing for your house - you can just sit back and let them fight it out. There is nothing you can do now to change anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooohooooo awesome news

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you kidding us? What will you talk about??? You'll talk about NEW houses and moving. How exciting will that be :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting! I always stay in Hamilton when I come home so ill have to organise a coffee date when I am back next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have coffee... I will have diet coke! lol

      Delete
    2. Ill have a pepsi max then haha

      Delete
  14. On to new adventures! You can talk of how to decorate your next place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny7:18 PM

    I don't think you should feel like you have to apologise for stressing about it. Even if you hadn't just had months of getting your hopes up and then be let down when offers fall through, selling is stressful. Regardless, you are feeling what you are feeling and that is the way it is for you right now!

    I think you are in a good place with the offers, and the fact that interest is going so well is a good sign in terms of what could still happen if the offers do go pear shaped. But it doesn't really matter what I think - it isn't going to sell your house!

    Feel what you feel, and look after yourself.

    Hugs, Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't apologise for being stressed Chris. Until one of them goes unconditional it is stressful-Been then before myself. At least you have two potentials at the same time. You just take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry to hear your stress levels are back heres hoping Panadol a rest "very tongue in cheek here" and until you know then you naturally will worry...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our closest friends settled on their house today so maybe it's the day for good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's going to happen!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.